Gallery Picks for the Week Ending January 28, 2008

delft said:
BTW, how did you manage to attach a pic from the gallery?

I only just worked it out.

Go to the Gallery (or My Favorites) and click on the thumbnail to get the full size original.

Then drag the full size photo to your desktop.

Next type your message, and click 'Go Advanced' to attach the photo from your desktop to the message in the usual manner.

Finally drag the photo from your desktop to your trash, so you're not storing somebody's photo.

That's how it works for me on Mac OSX.

To include the full size photo for Windows, do as Jon said to see the full size of the photo (on white background. You must be sure the jpg suffix in the address line is visible).
Then copy the http address (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) in your Reply post. You will see the full size photo

lZr said:
To include the full size photo for Windows, do as Jon said to see the full size of the photo (on white background. You must be sure the jpg suffix in the address line is visible).
Then copy the http address (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) in your Reply post. You will see the full size photo

IZr:

Thank you.

I've spent some time trying (using the Mac equivalent keystrokes) and cannot get it to work.

When I see the full size photo at RFF there is no jpg file extension, and if I copy that address and paste it into a post I just get the address, not the photo.

On the other hand if I drag the photo from RFF to my desktop then I can see a jpg extension. But this time if I paste that into the post I just get the address of the photo on my own computer.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Jon,

when you see the full size photo at RFF, you probably have all the gallery-related stuff and links and so on still around it, so the address you're copying is that of the gallery page, not of the photo itself.

Try to right-click on the photo (if you have a right mouse button, otherwise click on it while pressing the Control button) and see if in the menu that opens you have either a "Copy Image Address" or "Show this image" option (or something like that). Copy Image Address will obviously give you the image address in the clipboard, while Show Image will display only the image so that you can copy its address with the .jpg extension from the browser's address bar.

Then paste this address into the post at RFF. I normally use the little postcard icon, between the "link" and "quotation" icons in the RFF message editor.

Philipp

Last edited:
ClaremontPhoto said:
The address looks correct. If you want to display this image instead of having a link to its address, you'll have to either put the address between [іmg] tags:
Code:
[img]http-and-all-the-stuff-belinging-to-the-address.jpg[/img]
Or click the yellow postcard-like icon, with the mountains and the sun in it, and paste the address in the box that opens.

The [іmg] tags give me this:
ship.jpg

Philipp

rxmd:

Thank you for your kind assistance.

My little post card button is not working, nor are any of the others nearby.

But an IMG photo_address.jpg /IMG with square brackets around each tag solved the problem.

Il try it:
U2130I1201073206.SEQ.0.jpg

Well, this seems to work, but it was a bit "suck it and see" to find the .jpg name & directory structure. Right click or Ctrl/Click didnt bring up the dialog bow so I had a guess at /photopost/data/data/500/... If all pix in the gallery are in this directory it should work into the future.

Last edited:
Thanks Mick for mentioning

Don't tell the Bartender, but there is a easy way arround:
If you click on "Send photo as e-Card" you can use "Left Click" to pop the control window

Last edited:
Back