Images resized smaller than original​

Ocean Scenes from Izu-Atagawa​

DSCF2879.JPG
Fujifilm X100V
Classic Chrome film simulation
Izu Peninsula, Japan - April, 2022
Images resized smaller than original​

Sunset - Kanaya Ferry Port​

AVvXsEgxUse-7eMtwMm1Q90aAeUZUeSbmM4vZAqTAggVMQYSEBq2xqnG1YHaX4bgEeaJBVyedPhvRxSYo2wVPqKt_nPCOfCxdB1jMvc0AGe1onHNDFDkuFrfM5Yp9TRi7HEYHNM2cK5oCoGKN_T8_RY4-aYPLBtDbR80GnKHNuYOpYmxMdpTDchRBC2vGYWt=s2048

AVvXsEhHXVVK7A3pUtAz-qrKrpLd5l4vYV5q7-_uJpub2Lw3T6zfG7QykED5xR07PS9gMs1yLmQ2N7WWEB0Ik47km1qg0ZLZdjzBkiDEuudg4UqiGQ0zy5K5RY6C36tmXHhGPDeoV0YGP9XDpaqBz2H7YP7IzlqhqcsfO4WynPhHzZU9VOYW7F6BsNNQ1Gsq=s2048

We spent the day visiting a friend's log cabin on the Boso peninsula. When she drove us back to Kanaya Port to catch the ferry back to Yokosuka we were just in time to enjoy the sunset. The wind was really picking up speed and the ride across Tokyo bay was a bit rough but we made it back safe and sound.
Fujifilm X100V
Chiba Prefecture, Japan - December 2021
*Image resized smaller than original​

I’ve always liked the colors from the Fuji sensor, and these sunsets (particularly the first one) are especially nice. Great work!

Sunset - Kanaya Ferry Port​

We spent the day visiting a friend's log cabin on the Boso peninsula. When she drove us back to Kanaya Port to catch the ferry back to Yokosuka we were just in time to enjoy the sunset. The wind was really picking up speed and the ride across Tokyo bay was a bit rough but we made it back safe and sound.
Fujifilm X100V
Chiba Prefecture, Japan - December 2021
*Image resized smaller than original​

I’ve always liked the colors from the Fuji sensor, and these sunsets (particularly the first one) are especially nice. Great work!

The Hotaru River
Using the X100V's built in ND filter and a tabletop tripod​

DSCF3559.JPG

DSCF3565.JPG

DSCF3569.JPG
Fujifilm X100V
ACROS film simulation
Hotaru River, Yamagata Prefecture, Japan - November 2022
Image resized smaller than original​

Great photos as always, Mike. I very much regret selling my X100V!!

Thank you, BWF, it's kind of you to take the time to comment on my pictures.

The X100V is my primary travel camera. It never lets me down and often surprises me to this day at how good it can be.

All the best,
Mike

The Hotaru River (set No. 2)
Using the X100V's built in ND filter and a tabletop tripod​

DSCF3572.JPG

DSCF3578.JPG

DSCF3588.JPG
Fujifilm X100V
ACROS film simulation
Hotaru River, Yamagata Prefecture, Japan - November 2022
Image resized smaller than original​

HAKONE BOTANICAL GARDEN OF WETLANDS - April 18, 2023
This is a lovely place to visit. Fresh air, birds chirping, frogs croaking; nature at it's best.​
DSCF3995.jpg

Fujifilm X100V
Astia film simulation
Sengokuhara, Hakone, Japan - April 2023
Image is lower resolution than original​

HAKONE BOTANICAL GARDEN OF WETLANDS - April 18, 2023
2nd picture​
DSCF3996.jpg

Fujifilm X100V
Astia film simulation
Sengokuhara, Hakone, Japan - April 2023

Nature walk in Hokkaido
I could be eaten by a bear - picture taken by my wife​
DSCF0015.jpg

Fujifilm X100V
Astia film simulation
Hokkaido, Japan - July 2023
I did not realize there were bears in Japan. But the internet claims that there are about 10,000 of them!

I did not realize there were bears in Japan. But the internet claims that there are about 10,000 of them!

Yes, we have plenty of bears here, wild boar, deer and monkeys too.

The number of wild animals is increasing and the number of registered hunters is decreasing.

All the best,
Mike

Trick art at the Noboribetsu Bear Park
Picture taken by my wife​
DSCF0035.JPG

Fujifilm X100V
Astia film simulation
Hokkaido, Japan - July 2023​
In my mind it was going to be like Taiwan, where there are something like 600 total bears remaining. 10,000 is a health population even! You’ve sent me down the rabbit hole reading about bear viewing expeditions in Hokkaido where you watch them from a boat as they roam along the shore.

Before the deterioration of relations with Russia I had been considering going to Kamchatka to observe. Alaska is probably a better option, and provides some amazing bears if you’re willing to book a guide and take a plane. I’m thinking of this because when I last went to Alaska I brought one of the previous Fuji X100 cameras along with me and used it for just that. It was ok, I got more photos with the 5D in the end, but it was a nice camera as a second to have without taking off the telephoto.

Low Tide at Yamashita Park​
DSCF0043.jpg

Fujifilm X100V
ACROS film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - July 2023

Back