W/NW - Classic Cars

It is indeed a Type III Notchback. Not as common as a Fastback or a Squareback, but a few made it into the US. I think they were more common in Canada, but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't think the notchback (not its official name, as far as I know), with 1500cc engine, was ever officially imported into the US. I don't think that happened until after the 1600cc Fastback and Squareback models were introduced.

- Murray

Cadillac​
U69954.1707549733.0.jpg

Photographer: Yokosuka Mike
Fujifulm X-H1 camera
Fujinon XF 56mm f1.2 R WR lens
February 2024 - Yokohama, Japan​

I don't think the notchback (not its official name, as far as I know), with 1500cc engine, was ever officially imported into the US. I don't think that happened until after the 1600cc Fastback and Squareback models were introduced.

- Murray
That's what I think. I did see them from time to time, growing up in California, but they were not common. My guess is that they were probably purchased in Canada or Mexico and then ended up in the US.

That's what I think. I did see them from time to time, growing up in California, but they were not common. My guess is that they were probably purchased in Canada or Mexico and then ended up in the US.

Some of them might have been gray market imports by travelers to Europe, who drove them on vacation and then shipped them home, too.

- Murray

Rode hard and put away wet... Pillar Point Marina, Half Moon Bay, CA. Leica IIIc, Voigtlander Heliar 40mm f2.8 ASPH, TMax 400:

Vintage. by Steve Macfarlane, on Flickr
That car actually doesn't look to bad for a car that's been on the coast. I grew up a few miles to the north, in Pacifica. Cars rusting away was a real problem and we used to refer to it as "Coastside Cancer". Nice pic, Steve.

Porsche Cayenne; 4.0L V8

Arcadia, Los Angeles County, USA

Image by Taipei-metro

Panasonic mFT G6,
Panasonic 14mm F2.5 ( 28mm 相當 ), Lens made in Japan

Back