Voigtlander M 35/1.4 Nokton Images

Here are a couple of new ones on BW400CN; just some friends at the ball game:

889640951_5bTEh-XL.jpg

889640938_YAUcy-XL.jpg

Shows you nicely what the lens can do, IMO. This is the MC version.

Roland.

A few from a recent trip to Omaha:

Wedding Videographer, Joslyn Art Museum May, 2010

Shooting The Guys, Joslyn Art Museum May, 2010

At The Bar, LaCasa, May, 2010

I'll start it off.. Now, I sometimes crop if I can't get close enough...
I used Fuji Acros 100 at ISO/100... Indoors, with this lens, the box speed is great.. but on a sunny day, as seen below, I'd should have rated it at ISO/160 to combat the contrast. It is contrasty on bright days for sure.

Actually, no.

If you want to overcome contrast, overexpose (64 or 50) and underdevelop. Underexposing in broad daylight will make your pictures even more contrasty because they will lack shadow details.

I'll start it off.. Now, I sometimes crop if I can't get close enough...
I used Fuji Acros 100 at ISO/100... Indoors, with this lens, the box speed is great.. but on a sunny day, as seen below, I'd should have rated it at ISO/160 to combat the contrast. It is contrasty on bright days for sure.

Actually, no.

If you want to overcome contrast, overexpose (64 or 50) and underdevelop. Underexposing in broad daylight will make your pictures even more contrasty because they will lack shadow details.

Yeah... still thinking Digital terms.... Thanks for the advice...
FWIW: I am now shooting slide film to help my brain stay consistent in EV adjustments from my DSLR to M5.....:confused:

I think it's useful to mention in your post whether the pics are from the SC lens or MC lens, then we can get a better idea of the difference the coating makes.

Great shots on this thread everyone!

4717235493_4b869a545d_b.jpg

Shot with the SC version at f1.4
Expired Centuria ISO 200
Ziess Ikon ZM

I posted this on the beer thread (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91385) as well but thought it's worth posting here for colour rendition from the SC version. I was not really sure if it would be as good as the MC but wanted the SC for black and white. As you can see there was nothing to worry about. :D

Leaves and small light sources make for a tough test for most lenses, especially if shot wide open.

Back