Rollei 35 - one year

A truly marvelous thread. The OP's dedication to his minimalist photography is well deserving of many accolades.

I look at your superb images and think, crikey! I wish I had done the same, long ago, when I still had the drive and the energy. The drive remains, what is left of it, but the energy is dwindling. Life goes on and things change.

This said, I will now be revisiting every page and posting my Likes to my favorites.

I am sure many of us appreciate the effort you have put into all this. Also the talent that has gone into your images.

Well done!!

A truly marvelous thread. The OP's dedication to his minimalist photography is well deserving of many accolades.

I look at your superb images and think, crikey! I wish I had done the same, long ago, when I still had the drive and the energy. The drive remains, what is left of it, but the energy is dwindling. Life goes on and things change.

This said, I will now be revisiting every page and posting my Likes to my favorites.

I am sure many of us appreciate the effort you have put into all this. Also the talent that has gone into your images.

Well done!!
Thank you very much for your kind words!
I must admit that the energy to keep this project going is fluctuating quite heavily. Not only is the digital photography so convenient (in december I will finish the 14th year of my Nikon Coolpix project) but also less costly. But slowly but constantly I expose roll after roll and hope to reach number 600 this year. Every once in a while an encouraging post about this project appears and that is another, not too small reason to keep me going.
Thanks again (of course to all who reacted to this thread!) and have fun with the previous and future pictures!
1715419008327.png

And now for something completely different:
My Rollei 35 (Germany) had some spacing issues, finally overlapping a whole roll in the space of ten frames. When I (scientifically) checked the transport mechanism I found that the two marked screws were loose more than half a turn. After I tightened them, the camera transports with no problems so far.
1715534812056.png

I noticed a lot of lens flare and I assume that you do not use a sunshade. Nevertheless, I have a Rollei 35S that I bought a few years ago and have yet to use. You have inspired me to load some film and give it a shot ( no pun intended). I'll use the little lens shade and see if it makes a difference.

I noticed a lot of lens flare and I assume that you do not use a sunshade. Nevertheless, I have a Rollei 35S that I bought a few years ago and have yet to use. You have inspired me to load some film and give it a shot ( no pun intended). I'll use the little lens shade and see if it makes a difference.
I do indeed use a sunshade. Sometimes I fold it down on purpose to get more flare, sometimes the Tessar has it´s own ideas about the look of the picture.
I really do not care much about the flare; the Rollei is not my camera for technically corect pictures;)

@petronius I’m a fan of your work and have purchased two of your books. As part of mentoring can you say how you digitise your negatives and what software you use to convert the colour negatives.
Thank you.

@petronius I’m a fan of your work and have purchased two of your books. As part of mentoring can you say how you digitise your negatives and what software you use to convert the colour negatives.
Thank you.
Thank you for your interest in my work!
I´m afraid you will not be overly impressed by my secret sauce:
The B&W negatives and earlier color ones were scanned with my Canoscan 8400 from 2006(?), using the default software. I scan to jpg. The jpgs are slightly enhanced, if necessary, in Graphicconverter (Mac shareware) and seldomly in Photoshop or Gimp: color, contrast, straightening some lines, ...
In the last years I let my scanning be done by my lab.
If I have to convert a picture to B&W, I use Silver Efex Pro 2.
That´s all folks!
1715611838211.png
This one is from my lab, with some contrast and brightness added (Roll 508).

Last edited:
Great to see you’re still at it, Zeno. I tried a one camera, one lens film project this year and lasted four months. No GAS, just got antsy for variety and some of that 1s and 0s photography. I admire your commitment, as well as your pictures.

John

Back