Post Your Film Images Here

@Erik van Straten. Erik, your posts consistently tend to be old work, some old pictures posted multiple times. Personally and FWIW, I’d rather see new work.

Obviously there’s a place for historical threads, and we have had many good ones. And maybe we're not able to get out much, for medical or some other reason. But it seems to me that the real value of these photo sharing threads is to encourage us to get out and engage with life around us today.

I forget which famous photographer said it, but when asked to identify the favorite among his pictures, he said, “The next one.”

John

Last edited:
@Erik van Straten. Erik, your posts consistently tend to be old work, some old pictures posted multiple times. Personally and FWIW, I’d rather see new work.

Obviously there’s a place for historical threads, and we have had many good ones. But it seems to me that the real value of these photo sharing threads is to encourage us to get out and shoot more of life around us today.

I forget which famous photographer said it, but when asked to identify the favorite among his pictures, he said, “The next one.”

John
Yes John, I understand what you say. I had problems with my monitor. I now have a new computer, Windows 11. The results of the scanning of the new computer are so much better than the old ones that I decided to re-scan all the 800 prints. You understand that I'm sorry for you, but for new work you will have to wait a while. I hope that you agree that my new scans are better than the old ones. I only post these to see the results, I do not pretend they are new work. I'll remove the older ones.

Last edited:
Yes John, I understand what you say. I had problems with my monitor. I now have a new computer, Windows 11. The results of the scanning of the new computer are so much better than the old ones that I decided to re-scan all the 800 prints. You understand that I'm sorry for you, but for new work you will have to wait a while. I hope that you agree that my new scans are better than the old ones. I only post these to see the results, I do not pretend they are new work. I'll remove the older ones.
Your photos have always looked good to me, and I've frequently said as much. And I know you have no pretense that they are new because you date them. I just wanted to share that I'm personally more interested in what you - and everyone else - is doing now.

John

Back to RFF after a long break !

m2 summilux 50 v2 tri-x 400
milano 2024
53599492978_d16043686b_b.jpg

53598410292_521a9ddf73_b.jpg

Back