Fujicolor C200

I wish I could find those films at those prices. Have you shopped for film lately?

yes. all the time :eek::eek::eek:

when i wear my lucky red underwear i get free film. the other day the clerk at the camera shop gave me a box of provia. yes, a box of several rolls unopened. 6 months expired :rolleyes:

you can shop for these films online but shipping will negate any savings

i dont like it at all. i prefer the 100 and 400 :eek::eek::eek:

its not bad but i just dont like it as much as the 100 and 400.

this film stock gets repacked by nearly everybody. its probably fujis cheapest film stock :rolleyes:

in my experience its great when you have good light but not as nice compared to the 100. in my case, i get the 100 and 400 for a lot cheaper than the c200 so theres not point for me to use it.

to be fair, i havent shot this in many years but thats what i remember. the sample pictures you see here pretty much sums up how that stock looks like.

the above is just my opinion.

More Fuji C200 goodness:

yes. all the time :eek::eek::eek:

when i wear my lucky red underwear i get free film. the other day the clerk at the camera shop gave me a box of provia. yes, a box of several rolls unopened. 6 months expired :rolleyes:

you can shop for these films online but shipping will negate any savings

I see, so what you are telling me is a shop you go to has 12 packs of 36 frame Fuji iso 400 available for 4300 yen? And they give you their expired film for free?

I see, so what you are telling me is a shop you go to has 12 packs of 36 frame Fuji iso 400 available for 4300 yen? And they give you their expired film for free?

thats the usual price for a brick of those films here. :rolleyes:

i get free expired films occasionally...from different shops :eek::eek::eek: it pays to be good friends with your camera shops.

Rich, are you still finding Fujifilm ISO400 color neg film other than Premium locally? Both Industrial 400 and X-TRA 400 are discontinued and long gone afaik. I stocked up before they disappeared. As for C200, I think it’s not “officially” available in Japan, but I know some shops sell it, so they’re getting from somewhere. I wish I knew where!

Rich, are you still finding Fujifilm ISO400 color neg film other than Premium locally? Both Industrial 400 and X-TRA 400 are discontinued and long gone afaik. I stocked up before they disappeared. As for C200, I think it’s not “officially” available in Japan, but I know some shops sell it, so they’re getting from somewhere. I wish I knew where!

yes, they still sell them at nakano :eek::eek::eek:

the c200 is packaged similarly to the gyomu films :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your responses. Some terrific shots.I'm spending a few days on the Suffolk coast next week, so this seems ideal. Will look out for a good place to process.

I've never liked this film, and always end up w/ it because I'm out of Tri-X and want to see how a new camera/lens is working. The colours are way too cold for my tastes, and it just looks bad compared to Porta or other really good films. But, it's cheap.

yes, they still sell them at nakano :eek::eek::eek:

the c200 is packaged similarly to the gyomu films :rolleyes:

Rich, just to confirm, the 12 packs at 4300 yen are Industrial 400 film right? I’ve never heard of 12 packs personally, but if that’s what they are I suggest you buy it ALL because 10 packs are selling on www.amazon.co.jp for 13,300 yen! :eek:

@brbo the first two are stunning!!

i really like the results you can get from this film, altough i haven't used it in a while

KP5myos

7dRej7Q

Just bought 2 rolls of this, very cheap. First time I'll be using colour film in a good no of years. What's it like?

Back in the day, my favourite combination was my Olympus Trip35 loaded with Fujicolor C200. As far as I was concerned C200 was a great budget film which was really forgiving of my amateurish skills and cheapo camera. I used it indoor, outdoors, in full sun and in low light (see the pics below to see how the film copes under different conditions).
I presume it is still considered a cheap film, but from a conversation on my Flickr page in 2009 I was buying packs of 5 (24 exposure) C200 for £7.99 from Boots (a high street chemist in the UK), recently I saw it for sale in a shop in Brighton for £8 for one roll. Admittedly that was 36 exposures.
As someone who has recently found their way back to film photography I find myself once again looking to snag a bargain or two and though that’s not so easy these days (I can’t believe the prices people are charging for expired film on Ebay), I have C200 currently loaded in a Lomo LCA and an Olympus 35RC.
Enjoy shooting with the C200

Wet & Overcast Olympus Trip35 on auto mode

City Hall, Camberwell by john millar, on Flickr

Indoors Olympus Trip35 @1/40th sec

Gallery view by john millar, on Flickr

Early morning & overcast Olympus Trip35 on auto mode

Caithness (jan 09) by john millar, on Flickr

Full sun Lomo LCA on auto mode

Lomo Lca by john millar, on Flickr

Lomo LCA with flash 1/60th sec f16

Bust with Hat by john millar, on Flickr

i bought a bunch of it a few years ago when walmart closed it out, 5 roll pack for $5. its an ok film, but like someone mentioned above, superia 400 for me is a better film. should have backed up the truck when freestyle had the 400 in bulk rolls for $20 a few years ago.

I've never liked this film, and always end up w/ it because I'm out of Tri-X and want to see how a new camera/lens is working. The colours are way too cold for my tastes, and it just looks bad compared to Porta or other really good films. But, it's cheap.

Can you post some examples of your c200 and portra images so we can see what you mean by ‘it just looks bad’ compared to other really good films?

Are you saying the images posted in this thread look bad? If so perhaps indicate where/why?

I think they look great - surprisingly so as I tend to dislike the cheaper Kodak films, but prefer Portra to the Fuji equivalents.

For those in the UK, Firstcall is selling expired C200 (july 2018) at £1.50 per 24. So ordered some and some in date 36s.

Using the Tetenal 2.5 litre kit, I can get about 35 rolls out of a £46 kit, so it works out at under 20p per exposure. Which is peanuts.

Back