New Dark theme

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
12:35 AM
Been working on the new theme "Dark2" still in the works but getting there. Using larger font.

It's an improvement thanks but I think there isn't enough contrast between unread links (dark blue) and the black background. Otherwise heading in the right direction!

Anyone like the “Gradient” theme, or just me? Not sure myself, but seems easier on the eyes than either the dark or the default. Mine anyway. Still undecided but nice to have options.

Anyone like the “Gradient” theme, or just me? Not sure myself, but seems easier on the eyes than either the dark or the default. Mine anyway. Still undecided but nice to have options.

Hi Larry,

I'm using the Gradient theme. It's the theme that's easiest on my eyes.

All the best,
Mike

I like "Dark 1" and "Dark 2." I looked at "gradient" and I didn't think it was much different from the default screen. I also tried "Denim," expecting the see a medium dark background; but again, it didn't seem much different than the standard light background. Actually, I think a dark denim colored background would be very nice!

After writing the above, and returning to the home page, I saw that "Dark 2" renders the lettering in blue; but just on the home page, and not on this thread. Maybe that's because it's still being developed.

I like the Dark 1 theme's more-subdued amber for bold text and the larger font size of the Dark 2. One odd thing is that numeral 9 (nine) appears as a long dash character. Seen first in Dark 1 and I hoped the larger font size of Dark 2 would remedy that, but it's the same effect in both.

Another vote for Dark2. It’s the closest to the setting I had on the old platform. I like the dark gray background and white typeface; much easier for me to read. Thanks!!

Back