what camera strap are you using these days?

Artisan & Artist ACAM-103N Silk Cord Strap is probably my favourite strap of all time, smooth and can easily adjust the length.

for my mirrorless I'm using the P&D Slide Lite, personally I wouldn't use a P&D on a film camera nor Leica because of its modern look and design.

I use Domke Grippers on all of my 35mm cameras.

For weeks, B&H and every other store has been out of stock on all Domke straps. I hope they are still being manufactured!

I like the Stroppa straps from Poland, they're about $45 and fat and round Paracord woven into about 1/2" diameter, any length you like. Leather ends and eyelet protectors, round rings. Very nice quality. Other similar straps are 2x the price, I had a Marathon that was $100 that's the pretty much the same thing, suspect these guys are the subcontractors.

http://www.stroppa.pl/?c=cee236228e9a

No offense to any other strap makers out there! But I do like these because they are smooth and you can slide the strap unlike leather or nylon with rubber embedded. Once I had a Domke fall apart from sweat, the rubber came off in a greasy stain against my neck, talk about Gripper!

I like the Stroppa straps from Poland, they're about $45 and fat and round Paracord woven into about 1/2" diameter, any length you like. Leather ends and eyelet protectors, round rings. Very nice quality.

Thanks for the tip...

The stock nylon Leica strap on my M9 and M7, and the Peak Design Leash on my Panasonic work cameras. Up until very recently, I used a couple of very cool but discontinued Lowepro straps with quick release buckles. It was quite disappointing that they were discontinued as they are reasonable quality and were inexpensive. The Peak Design straps are better quality and design, but I just tolerate the plastic and metal buckles. There are tradeoffs with everything.

Domke Gripper, 1.5" with the Swivel Quick Release. Cheap, durable and effective. When you travel with more than one camera, you can easily take off the straps. Cheers, OtL

I like the Stroppa straps from Poland, they're about $45 and fat and round Paracord woven into about 1/2" diameter, any length you like. Leather ends and eyelet protectors, round rings. Very nice quality. Other similar straps are 2x the price, I had a Marathon that was $100 that's the pretty much the same thing, suspect these guys are the subcontractors.

http://www.stroppa.pl/?c=cee236228e9a

No offense to any other strap makers out there! But I do like these because they are smooth and you can slide the strap unlike leather or nylon with rubber embedded. Once I had a Domke fall apart from sweat, the rubber came off in a greasy stain against my neck, talk about Gripper!
Thanks for bringing Stroppa to my attention - my order has been placed.

Gordy's . Sometimes on the M10 I alternate it with the Rock&Roll M10 straps. I use the R&R when do not use a camera bag because it is cool and comfortable but also voluminous (compared to the M10 size). The Gordy's is comfortable, nice and less voluminous when I put the camera into the bag.

I use Gordy's for my FM2T as well, for the Bessa R and for the Rolleiflex.

Both straps are very good in my opinion.

Gordy's and M7

med_U3692I1585738043.SEQ.0.jpg

SKS rifle slings are my favorite. :)

LeicaIpair.jpg

Also have a couple of Luigi's LeicaTime straps. Which are lovely.

After a long time mostly using Artisan and Artist’s silk cord straps, I have standardized on their Easy Slider straps. Very flexible and unfussy in use (cross chest).

1" Domke Gripper...cheap and, to me, totally satisfactory

"No Release" version (A camera strap with "quick release" in the title makes me nervous)

I've finally tried a Black Rapid strap that I was able to acquire for a deal (but, it's the "women's" strap, with a slight S over the chest). Camera hanging from the tripod screw. I like it, especially with large-ish lenses. The slide action, from hanging to ready, works very well!

I think this particular strap is thinner than some models, and note that it could be more padded over the back of shoulder.

I'd like to have a handful of the tripod lugs, but, Black Rapid sells them only singly, for $20 each! There are Chinese knockoffs much cheaper, but, reviews make them sound iffy.

When I do use one, like Bob Michaels they are the 3/8 or 1/2 inch nylon type. And for the same reasons he outlined.
As an aside I have not bought a strap for years. Just pick them up out of the 'free' box at photo swap meets.
If it's a camera I'm likely to want to remove the strap from time to time then I sew up a short nylon strap around 2 split rings that stay on the camera lugs when I remove the strap.

I use whatever comes withe the camera. However all my straps get a layer of shoe goo on the inside so they stay on my shoulder.

Back