only 23 for x-100 series?

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
2:10 AM
has fuji ever said why they only use a 23 on the x100 series bodies?
after using the x100v for awhile I'd like another one with a 35 lens or something daring like a 16!

2 fixed lens cameras as small and light as i can carry.

I’ve always wanted a 50mm version myself. The tele adapter is too big. That said, the X-E series with the 16mm 2.8 is the best you might get realistically.

Agree on the 50mm equivalent for the X100V. I might trade my Xpro2 for a smaller body just to 'glue' the 35mm (50 equiv) on it. Xpro2 seems too heavy as my backup.

I would have been happy if Fuji had produced one X-100 with a normal lens (35mm) and one with a wide-angle lens (18mm). That would have been similar to what they had done with their medium format fixed-lens film rangefinders.

However, since they decided to produce only a single focal length version, their slightly-wide 23mm is perfect.

On the other hand, when I want to carry two bodies and two lenses, I mount a slightly-wide 23mm and a slightly-telephoto 56mm on my X-Pro2.

When I want to carry a smaller and lighter camera, I grab a Canon G15 digital compact that has a fast wide to telephoto zoom lens that is fixed to the small body.

I enjoy using both the WCL & TCL on my F. In fact, the weight of the TCL might steady the camera a bit for me.
I went so far as to buy a second X-100S body so I could mount the TCL on one and the WCL on the other. Wanted to make sure I did not mess up the lens threads pulling one off and putting the other on. Most of the time I only carry one or the other but it is a setup that works for me.:bang:

Back