New K&F Concept M42 lens adapter for Sony E mount

peterm1

Mentor
Local time
8:29 PM
I have been using K&F Concept adapters for a while now as they are well priced (you pay a bit of a premium over the cheaper brands but not too much) and seem to be quite superior in design and build to many of the other cheaper offerings coming out of China. One advantage of this brand (and I presume of other higher end offerings by other companies) is that as I have discovered recently, Sony has apparently made some production changes to their lens mount which means some adapters will not mount on the latest full frame E mount cameras. K&F adapters do not have this issue. The other reason I use this brand is that I experiment quite a lot with vintage lenses and so far have had to buy adapters for: M42, Pentax K, Nikon F, Nikon S, Exakta, Olympus OM, Olympus Pen, Leica M and Leica LTM. Some of which I own in both Sony E and M4/3. I simply could not afford to have that range of adapters if I bought top end brands even assuming they can be found.

As an aside with M42 I also have adapters in a couple of diameters. Some skinny vintage lenses look aesthetically unpleasant and handle awkwardly if mounted on a larger diameter adapter. So I have at least one more skinny diameter (not thickness of course) M42 adapter for smaller lenses as well as normal diameter ones that suit larger M42 lenses. The skinny one is a compound adapter that I cobbled together and comprises an M42-LTM ring which fortuitously has a thin diameter barrel that I picked up somewhere, which I can then screw onto either a LTM-Sony adapter or an LTM-M4/3 adapter depending on my shooting plans. Works fine and handles better with smaller lenses. (I did have to "tune" the length of the M42-LTM ring so it focused correctly at infinity - fortunately an easy fix as it was a bit too long and just needed careful metal removal with some trial and error, to get the combined length of it and the other adapter back within spec for M42 flange length.

In any event I stumbled on the following advert today and thought I would share it here as I think its design is cool and its build quality looks very good. It appears to have a fairly "fat" body i.e. - it looks like a larger diameter adapter so as far as I am concerned at least, it will be of use primarily with larger bodied M42 lenses. I am not sure how long this has been on the market. Not long I fancy as I have not seen it before. They call it the "K&F M10115 M42-NEX PRO". Maybe it presages a new design across the range. Not sure and have not yet had time to check.

KF06.435-1-518x518.jpg

Link here.

https://www.kentfaith.com/lens-moun...Y-FlbGU-aBWvn8AIFSpiajNK4VDc7ZNSdXswiaJL2CC-o

EDIT: Also try this link for other lens mount types - (yes in answer to my earlier question they are making the same style adapter for various mounts). https://www.kentfaith.com/lens-mount-adapters

Back