My Bout With Bronicas: One man's adventures in the mysterious Land of Zenza

I was also able to dig up almost all of the S2As TTL prism meter. It is missing two pages (archive.org doesn't have them it seems) but not the pages that explain the compensation circuit. The circuit does actually attempt to cancel light coming through the eyepiece but the trick is the user has to zero that function out with the compensator dial on the side of the prism. If light significantly changes you have to recalibrate the compensation.
I think you've finally solved a mystery for Vince Lupo. For me, the S2A prism looks like too much of a Frankenstein monster to be desirable.

I'm impressed by your digging skills! I spent hours looking for this, with no success. But in the end, I found the meter operation quirky but intuitive, and got by fine without a manual. However, it's nice to know what those colored squares represent.
Thanks for sharing!
You are welcome, I had figured out the meter already too but was glad to find the manual to confirm the operation.

The key was finding this dead site: Medium Format Photography Megasite

Actually, has quite a lot of information buried in it.

I was also able to dig up almost all of the S2As TTL prism meter. It is missing two pages (archive.org doesn't have them it seems) but not the pages that explain the compensation circuit. The circuit does actually attempt to cancel light coming through the eyepiece but the trick is the user has to zero that function out with the compensator dial on the side of the prism. If light significantly changes you have to recalibrate the compensation.
Many thank-you’s! Now I’m anxious to try it out.

Back