Let’s see some of the earliest photos you’ve made —

1715123709219.jpeg

1715123798223.jpeg

Kodak Instamatic 127 cassette camera. 1975 or thereabouts.

The little girl in that picture now looks like this:

1715123894944.jpeg

Nikon Z8, Contax 100/2.8 Macro Planar at f:2.8 ISO 500

The little boy in those pictures, now looks like this:

1715125012782.jpeg

Nikon Z8. EXIF data says 50/1.8 Z lens at f:2, ISO 500, but I am pretty sure it was the Contax 85/1.4 at f:2

Last edited:
Comparing your early photos to your present day images do you feel you have remained consistent in how you view the world photographically. Of course we hopefully improve but is your composition and subject matter consistent with your current work.

I look back at mine and definitely see a strong connection both in subject and the way I compose and present my subject. I’ve remained consistent over 70 years😲.

Comparing your early photos to your present day images do you feel you have remained consistent in how you view the world photographically. Of course we hopefully improve but is your composition and subject matter consistent with your current work.

I look back at mine and definitely see a strong connection both in subject and the way I compose and present my subject. I’ve remained consistent over 70 years😲.
That's a pretty strong, "yes," for me. I have always been looking for the same things.

I started working professionally early in my photography journey and I really never developed a personal "vision". It was only after I changed careers that I began to actually develop a consistent and evolving photographic aesthetic. Those years working as a newspaper photographer did teach me a lot about the mechanics so I'm grateful for them in that respect.

Some more early-70’s Polaroids. I still have some of the items.

IMG_2070.jpeg
1940’s era Philco B&W TV 📺 set. The bottom cabinet/stand was made by my Dad - a professional cabinet maker. To the right, an old RCA turntable console.

IMG_2071.jpeg
I believe that was my old Remington typewriter, Fender Champ amplifier, old Zenith tube Radio. I still have the Harmon mute, Wetsclock alarm ⏰ clock, and Indian brass incense holder sitting atop the radio.

Some more early-70’s Polaroids. I still have some of the items.

View attachment 4837383
1940’s era Philco B&W TV 📺 set. The bottom cabinet/stand was made by my Dad - a professional cabinet maker. To the right, an old RCA turntable console.

View attachment 4837386
I believe that was my old Remington typewriter, Fender Champ amplifier, old Zenith tube Radio. I still have the Harmon mute, Wetsclock alarm ⏰ clock, and Indian brass incense holder sitting atop the radio.
I really like these. They’re a really good depiction of life at that time.

I took Polaroid for granted until it was gone and now I miss that look.

Back