Kodakery is?

Kodakery is?

• Total voters
Kodak was supposedly an invented word (possibly based on other words) by eastman. apparently K was Eastman's favorite letter. I'll look it up more in Kodak's history of Kodak that I have lying around if anyone really wants Kodaks version of the story.

Brownie

Brownie

The Brownie was a popular kids character at about the time Kodak were producing their new box camera. The image was appropriated by Kodak as a marketing device for the new camera. Rather like (say) the current fad for Bratz merchandise has lead to Bratz cameras (Click here), back then it was the Brownies. Here and here for examples.

It's amazing what I pick up on the telly.

Cheers.

BillBingham2 said:
Kodakery is the name of Kodaks internal new paper for the employees. She was published out of the office (Kodak Office, State St. in 18% NY) for years, think she still comes on weekly.

B2 (;->

It stopped being distributed a few years back when I received the last copy announcing it's own demise.

Tuna

dmr said:
Curiosity got me ... here's what Wikipedia says:

Wikipedia? Hmmm... Well, I just went in and changed all the information so that now all the facts are different than they were before.

Ugh

Ugh

Tuna said:
It stopped being distributed a few years back when I received the last copy announcing it's own demise.

Tuna

That 5ucks, but they could do the same thing on the Internet and all. I would bet that the retirees miss it big time. Part of me wants to go back to Rochester before all of the Park is gone, show the kids where their Grandfather worked all his life and I spent a fun summer in the dark.

B2 (;->

Kodakery was a magazine for the public before it was an internal employee newsletter. I collect 'em.

To be 'kodaked' was to have your photograph taken. One also took a photo by kodaking it.

It sounds to me like a archaic, perhaps Victorian, term for screwing around.

"Quit your Kodakery and get back to work, you layabout. I have had quite enough of your lolligagging!"

Back