Iskra Leak Help

dazedgonebye

Mentor
Local time
9:13 AM
This little iskra was fine for a long time, then about 4 rolls ago, I started getting these light leaks. Out of 12 shots, maybe 4 are unaffected.
The leak goes top to bottom on the film, so I don't believe it is the bellows. I've done the flashlight in a dark closet thing and I don't see anything wrong.
Someone knows what the cause is....
Thanks for the help.

3561524586_89543931b8_o.jpg

There was some discussion about this before. I think it has something to do with the vulcanite pulling away on either side next to where the lens folds down.

There was some discussion about this before. I think it has something to do with the vulcanite pulling away on either side next to where the lens folds down.

Thanks,
I found that thread...which I had even commented in (doh).
It certainly looks like the same problem.

Thanks,
I found that thread...which I had even commented in (doh).
It certainly looks like the same problem.

This is /exactly/ that problem, my pics looked /exactly/ like yours. Drove myself nuts trying to find the leak it until I read this link... Thank GOD for this link. Follow the instructions but putting two strips of electrical tape on the left and right sides of the camera where the lens pops out - a five minute fix, and it will never do this again. God bless the poster of this info. I would have never in a million years guessed that the light was leaking in where it was...

It just moved. Try this link :

I had an Iskra and had this problem ... then the camera got stolen and I never had to worry about it again! (y):)

Back