I bought a digital M10R and I am moving to India.

Leica All Day

Mentor
Local time
1:12 AM
Hello Everybody,

I apologize for not being active on this forum in a long time. I moved back to America 3.5 years ago to further my career and spend some time with my family and loved ones. It's been an amazing time living back in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, I did a lot of traveling to Central and South America and was able to take a 2 month road trip across America and visit all of the places that I had wanted to. I accomplished everything that I set out to do here, it's been great, but now it's time for me to go back to Asia and concentrate on photography, my professional career and traveling around India. I am super excited and proud to say that I got my dream job in India. I am moving to Mumbai next month on a 2 year contract, I am so excited for this amazing opportunity. I recently purchased an M10R and I plan on getting a 50mm Summilux ASPH before I move to Mumbai. About 2 years I purchased a 28mm Summilux which I am bringing with me to India. I plan on using the M10R and those 2 lenses a lot in India. I am going to bring my Leica film gear and lenses too, but I plan on shooting with the M10R daily. I just wanted to say 'Hello' to everybody and a big THANK YOU to all of the members of this forum who have visited me in Bangkok, inspired me and helped me along the way.

Cheers,
Michael

Congratulations on the dream job and more photographic adventures; and with an M10R to boot. Bon voyage!

Very Cool, New Camera, New Location, New Life ...
The Wheel ever turning.

All the Best to You Michael !

Hey, great to hear from you again! Your images with the Distagon 35 were a large part of why I finally succumbed to getting that lens, and it has been incredible ever since. Best of luck with the move, we're looking forward to seeing what new things you can bring to the world. M10-R, Summiluxes and a dream job in a photogenic country, doesn't get much better than that.

I hope M10R will survive daily use where. Ex-Accouter of Finnish company we worked for had contract with Nokia in India. She survived.

May you always be able to follow your dreams with a Leica by your side, Michael. Have a great life in India!

PF

There is no better place than Incredible India for documentary photography. Congratulations.

Thanks a lot everybody, I appreciate all of the comments. I am really looking forward to this next chapter in my life, it's going to be great. I visited the Leica store in Miami yesterday to get a screen protector for my M10R and look at some lenses. Before I visited the store, I was debating whether to get a silver or black 50mm Summilux, but after holding them both in my hands, I think I am going to get a black one. For a brief moment, I thought about getting rid of my 28mm Summilux for a 28mm Summicron but changed my mind while driving home. I still own 3 Leica film bodies (M6ttl, M6ttl Millennium and an M3) and I don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon, so I am going to keep the 28mm Summilux. I finished my last day of work today in America and I have a couple of weeks before I fly to India , so I am going to start using my M10R and try to get used to it, and a whole a new work flow. It should be a fun learning experience.

Cheers, Michael

Keep us photographically in the loop, Michael! Summicron or Summilux decisions will be less important in your images.

I'm sure you'll have an exciting time in India with your M\10R ! Buona Fortuna! Wish you good luck for both, your job and your photos!

Hm. Yes, we did wonder where you were and what you were up to. Covid did derail many of us in our careers and/or travels, It's good to know all is okay with you and you now have new directions and plans in your life - a most interesting life it has been too, and may it long continue to be that way.

I also hope you will again post often and keep us informed, with many of your fine images, as to your doings and goings.

I've been two times to Myanmar (not recently) and while I did find it somewhat restricting compared to the more "free" Southeast Asian countries I regularly visit, I enjoyed myself while there and I was able to put my film and digital gear to good use. I'm sure you will do the same.

Bon voyage!!

Back