Fujifilm X100V leaked photos

I've got my fingers crossed that it will, since the Sony A6100 and A6400 both have flip up screens. Panasonic generally has more sense when it comes to video, so maybe they will return to the fully-articulated screen like the GX8 had, only more compact this time around.

I guess this means that Fuji will introduce a new v2 23mm for their XT/XE/Xpro cameras.

I wouldn`t count on this... it isn`t the same lens and it sells well for Fuji already. If someone needs something better, they have the 1.4.

Since Richard Butler says that the X100V's autofocus doesn't end up making much practical difference over the X100F, I'm a little weary of buying one since it probably won't be the digital street camera I've been waiting for (film being covered by a Leica MP, and not being able to afford/justify an M10 anytime soon).

Well, it will certainly focus in way lower light... -5EV.

Does anyone here intend to buy one, sooner or later? We've got a lot of 'I'm not sure about this' and 'yeah, that looks really nice', but does anyone want to get one? I sure do, although after the price comes down and any bugs sorted out.

Truthfully? No.

It's a sweet looking ride but...

I'm kinda burned out on camera manufacturer's upgrading. I've got a ton of nice cameras right now that are perfectly capable of producing the pictures I want to take. Think I'll just concentrate on using them and try to avoid all the marketing babble.

I'm kinda burned out on camera manufacturer's upgrading. I've got a ton of nice cameras right now that are perfectly capable of producing the pictures I want to take. Think I'll just concentrate on using them and try to avoid all the marketing babble.

Yes, this sums up where I've been for a year or two. I really no longer care if the new ZXR 5000;) autofocuses 0.002 seconds quicker than the previous model, or now shoots at 25 frames per second, rather than 20.

I'm bored with all the latest 'this-and-that-feature' race, and I'm happy to just use my cameras, these days.

I’ve been toying with the idea of selling my Xpro2 and lenses to grab this simply for the fact that I like carrying a film M and this would be easier to carry along than the Xpro2. We will see. I really enjoy the Xpro2 though.

I will not buy it immediately since I still want the X-Pro3... but maybe later used. Living in Chile, we don’t have immediate access to new cameras, so it really gives you time to think about what you really need. Most of the time I just wait to buy in the US.

Briefly had a chance to handle the X-100V in London. A fine, high quality camera, beautifully made and put together, especially the black version.

Only downside is the lack of a weather sealed lens without buying the filter kit.

If I was in the market for a camera with a fixed 35mm for general family and travel use it would be top of my list by a country mile.

Briefly had a chance to handle the X-100V in London. A fine, high quality camera, beautifully made and put together, especially the black version.

Only downside is the lack of a weather sealed lens without buying the filter kit.

If I was in the market for a camera with a fixed 35mm for general family and travel use it would be top of my list by a country mile.

Is the leatherette unchanged?

What's the filter kit cost and impact on size?

Speaking of size, is the 100V the same dimensions as the previous? It looks bigger but haven't found found any specifics.

B2 (;->

Does anyone here intend to buy one, sooner or later? We've got a lot of 'I'm not sure about this' and 'yeah, that looks really nice', but does anyone want to get one? I sure do, although after the price comes down and any bugs sorted out.

Not me.

I am happy with my X-10OT and X-Pro 2.

However, if my X-100T was stolen or destroyed, I would reface it with a X-100F (probably from KEH). The premium for brand new is not worth it.

I very much enjoy using the X-100 series as I used my trusty Cannot G-III QL17 (OVF, focusing recompose). I sold my early X-100 when the X-Pro 1 came out. I missed it. The X-100 is more compact than the X-Pro (even with the pancake 27/2 XF lens). People don't take the small thin-lensed chrome body seriously, so it is nice for candids.

Is the leatherette unchanged?

Sorry, no idea! I’ve never taken interest in camera leatherette! The camera felt sure in the hand and easy to handle, though.

What's the filter kit cost and impact on size?

Speaking of size, is the 100V the same dimensions as the previous? It looks bigger but haven't found found any specifics.

B2 (;->

In the UK the Fujifilm adapter ring and hood are priced around £75, though I notice my usual London camera store currently has it reduced for £59. There are cheaper alternatives by aftermarket suppliers for about £35-40. JJC (I think) make one that is a virtual copy of Fuji’s (JJC make superb hoods for some Fuji lenses too, by the way). Then you’ll have to factor in the cost of a filter of your choice.

No idea how the sizes compare as I didn’t have the previous model available to compare. The ‘V’ certainly looks from the photos much sharper and defined in the various online posts. A really well made camera and felt really good in the hand from my handling. Fuji appears to have raised their game in this respect.

I wouldn`t count on this... it isn`t the same lens and it sells well for Fuji already. If someone needs something better, they have the 1.4.

So is the 23 f2 for the Xpro cameras better than the v1 23 f2 on the X100 series?
In the comparison I saw between the x100F and V wide open until about 5.6 the V lens was surprisingly sharper.

So is the 23 f2 for the Xpro cameras better than the v1 23 f2 on the X100 series?
In the comparison I saw between the x100F and V wide open until about 5.6 the V lens was surprisingly sharper.

To me, the 23mm f2 is better than the X100F, but the V could be better than the 23mm f2. However, they’ve all been good enough for my photography.

To me, the 23mm f2 is better than the X100F, but the V could be better than the 23mm f2. However, they’ve all been good enough for my photography.

From this article, author is saying that the XF 23mm f2 is very slightly better than the 23mm f2 II.
https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2020/02/0...fy1dYyWtmIiGLqecryuFawmpNDfMg9tRxBcdX8KKl6Y0c

Regarding WR for the X100V, you can make it WR not just with the extra filter kit but also by putting the WCL or TCL lens or a good UV filter glass.

Thanks for the comments. Taemo, that link is excellent, answers all my questions, thanks!

Regarding WR for the X100V, you can make it WR not just with the extra filter kit but also by putting the WCL or TCL lens or a good UV filter glass.

Just wondering. Is the Fuji filter kit still the same as the cheap JJC kits? I use these on my X100S and they are fine, well designed and well made.

Just wondering. Is the Fuji filter kit still the same as the cheap JJC kits? I use these on my X100S and they are fine, well designed and well made.

It practice it could be, but will Fuji void your warranty if you don’t use their combo and you have an issue with water? Maybe not.

seems like a fairly big update comparing to the x100t/f cameras. Lens + weather seal alone are considerable upgrades. I would be interested if i don't have x100t. I started with the original x100 which was very slow. I have taken x100t to trips and really enjoyed its company. If you don't have a fixed everyday camera, this could be it (way cheaper than Leica Q, Q2).

Back