Fuji X100V samples? ACR compatibility?

Dante_Stella

Rex canum cattorumque
Local time
5:26 AM
Has anyone seen any RAF samples? Or have any idea what minimum version of ACR might be needed? I don't feel so bad upgrading after 10 years with the X100 (I did have a X100T too...), but not so much if I have to upgrade Lightroom to the perpetual payment model.

Thanks!

I’m a Fuji user (x-t3 and soon x100v). I’m trying to avoid switching to the Lightroom subscription model; I’ve been using LR v. 6 for a few years. I’m either going to shoot JPEG only from now on, or switch to Capture One.

I’m a Fuji user (x-t3 and soon x100v). I’m trying to avoid switching to the Lightroom subscription model; I’ve been using LR v. 6 for a few years. I’m either going to shoot JPEG only from now on, or switch to Capture One.

I'm starting to look at the X100F now that it's popping up new for less than a grand. Still supported.

I am not sure what is so special about X-trans that it can't output as DNG like Leicas. But Fuji sticks with RAF. Because reasons. If I can say one good thing about Leica, it's that when the format is DNG, it is always compatible. I can open an M10 Monochrom image on a Mac or in Lightroom with zero issues.

Iridient and Silkypix (and DxO Optics for that matter) are not good asset management tools. Fuji doesn't benefit from selling this software, and it's unclear why we've been treated to a decade of this except corporate eccentricity.

Dante

Iridient and Silkypix (and DxO Optics for that matter) are not good asset management tools.

I am in the same situation right now as got my X100V last week and am still using Lightroom 6.14. As I saw this coming when LR canceled the perpetual license, I checked my options and to date can't see a solution that can completely replace Lightroom if you insist to have a complete database as well as a competent editing-tool. Many programs claim to be just as good or better than lightroom, just as many fail to reach that mark. ACR or Iridient only buy you time as you are still sitting on an aging LR.

My solution to the problem ist to concentrate on the editing part, compromise on the database-side and move to Capture One.

Best

Stefan

Back