Fuji X100F/V Acros simulation + Pro Mist Filters

Sierra Club

Established
Local time
11:31 AM
I'm looking to purchase a low-con filter to give Fuji B/W film simulation additional boost. From what I saw on the net Pro Mist filters give nice semblance of film halation. But I think there's only one or two videos on YT and a couple of photos on flickr to demonstrate this particular camera + film simulation + low con filter trio.

Can anyone share their Acros (preferably high ISO) shots with the use of Pro Mist filters? I'd greatly appreciate that.

I don't have this setup any more, but I used this combo of x100f acros red with mist filter exclusively when I was in Thailand. Hope it helps.

Thank you very much for sharing these beautiful photos, gaheris!

Do you remember what filter strength was it?
The effect is nicely pronounced so I'm guessing this would be x 1/2 or x 1?

Thank you very much for sharing these beautiful photos, gaheris!

Do you remember what filter strength was it?
The effect is nicely pronounced so I'm guessing this would be x 1/2 or x 1?

I went for a Kenko Black Mist number one because at that time the 49mm Tiffen was out of stock everywhere. I was told the 49mm size was distributed to Tiffen reseller in small batches and I couldn't wait.

To my knowledge, the black mist number one rom Kenko would have the strength between 1 and 1/2 from Tiffen, but I vaguely remember the size of the halation or how pronounce it was also had something to do with how wide open the lens was. Sorry I cannot explain correctly since it has been a while.

Thank you so much for all of this info!
It would make sense that the wider the aperture the more pronounced the halation bloom effect.
This was also mentioned in one of the reviews that I've recently read - nice to have a confirmation and another way to control the efffect.
It's all very useful information, I appreciate you taking the time to share it.

Back