Summer frocks, Portra 400, XPan

Motorcycle Shop;

F1, Repair and Service
F2. Sales

Taichung City, central Taiwan

Image by Taipei-metro

Canon APSC T4i,
Tamron EF24-70 a fullframe Lens made in Japan

Here is a collection of photos from my other home town, Cueto a small town in the Cuban province of Holguin. This was mostly from 2016 and was intended to be a photo story but was interrupted by the Cuban government for illogical reasons.

The Cuban government says it encourages private businesses but there are restrictions and lack of capital. This was one of four "shoe stores" operated on resident's porches.

DSCF2846.jpg

Farmer from a government collective farm selling their produce at the Saturday agricultural market

DSCF4125.jpg

Local pizza shop that also sells beer, cigarettes and and cheap local rum (all in reused soda plastic bottles)

DSCF4945.jpg

Local business of refilling disposable lighters. Good business requiring low capital investment

DSCF5278.jpg

Black market gas station. Most private cars buy fuel or gas from private unauthorized sources, not official stations. No one asks the source of the product, just accepting it was not legal.

DSCF5233.jpg

Official government store that sells products included in the libreta, or ration book, where every Cuban family is allowed to purchase limited amounts of rice, cooking oil, beans, soap at a low subsidized price. Everything is old in bulk so you must bring your containers.

DSCF4459.jpg

More stores and storefronts from my collection of photos from my other home town, Cueto a small town in the Cuban province of Holguin

One of several panaderias or bakeries in town. Fresh warm bread comes out of the ovens at 8AM and 4PM.

DSCF2995.jpg

Local barbershop

DSCF3009.jpg

Local ice cream parlor

DSCF3116.jpg

Outside counter of a little shop that sells rum and cigarettes. No refrigerator for beer. But you can buy a whole pack of cigarettes or one at a time depending on your financial position.

DSCF0535.jpg

Local pharmacy. The entire inventory is on these shelves. This was a Thursday when the weekly delivery had just been made.

DSCF5314.jpg

One of a number of pushcarts selling local vegetables.

DSCF4800.jpg

Back