LLL Summicron Elcan 50mm f2

Nice looking lens. They probably shouldn't call it a "Summicron Elcan", though. Summicron and Elcan are two different lenses, after all. Since this one is only four elements in four groups, it can't be a Summicron.

Nice looking lens. They probably shouldn't call it a "Summicron Elcan", though. Summicron and Elcan are two different lenses, after all. Since this one is only four elements in four groups, it can't be a Summicron.

I wondered too, Rob. You are correct. I have several Summicrons and the ELCAN is not a Summicron.

You can get that lens $100- cheaper inc shipping..from other vendors..
I did..
And my vendor in HK..tested it out for me too to make 100% sure it was a good one as LLL has a 50% defect rate..

You can get that lens $100- cheaper inc shipping..from other vendors..
I did..
And my vendor in HK..tested it out for me too to make 100% sure it was a good one as LLL has a 50% defect rate..

Can anyone else bear out the 50% defect rate or point me to a source for this information?

Just so you know, I have one for sale in the Classifieds with no defects what so ever. Smooth focusing, dead-on focusing with my digital M, no issues.

Can anyone else bear out the 50% defect rate or point me to a source for this information?
My HK dealer said the same thing...wont disclose who though..
Elcan didnt sell well and dealers are flush w/them.
Maybe time to get a good deal on one.

My HK dealer said the same thing...wont disclose who though..
Elcan didnt sell well and dealers are flush w/them.
Maybe time to get a good deal on one.
So dealers are flush with defective ones? Where can I get non defective ones. For reviews I've seen it doesn't have the microcontrast of Summicrons but since it's a simplified variant of the Summicron I guess is its character.

Back