Joining the Nikon Historical Society

Contact Information:
Mailing address:
RJR Publishing Inc.
PO Box 3213
Munster, IN 46321
USA

eMail:
Robert Rotoloni, [email protected], to join. Please email for other payment options.

Dues:
US/Canada: $40 USD for 1 YR or $100 USD for 3 YRS
Other: $50 USD for 1 YR or $130 USD for 3 YRS
Outside the USA, payment must be an international money order, in US dollars.
Payments must be made to: RJR Publishing Inc.

What is included with your membership to the NHS?
Your membership in the Nikon Historical Society includes the NIKON Journal published four times a year. It is the most important source of information for the serious Nikon collector. Articles are contributed by NHS members. Topics include descriptions and photos of the cameras, interviews with the designers, and news about collecting. There is a free classified ad section, and letters to the editor.

The NIKON Journal is printed on coated stock, so the illustrations are of very high quality. There is simply no other reference like it in the world! Our editor covers every detail of the Nikon system, using articles submitted by NHS members.

Sample page from the Journal

page4.jpg

Content:
While the focus of the NIKON JOURNAL is on collecting classic Nikon rangefinder and early "F" cameras, there are articles on camara repair, and experiences by users. More and more "collectors" are using their Nikon rangefinders as they return to film.

Of particular interest are interviews with the designers of these early cameras, many of whom are still quite involved in the collecting or photo societies in Japan. The Society has a long relationship with the Nikon factory in Japan.

The Journal maintains indispensable data, such as lists of all known black paint Nikons. Without this kind of information you cannot safely buy on eBay, or other auction sites.

Back issues of the NHS Journal:

Originals... $7 in US and $9 Overseas, Copies... $5 in US and $7 Overseas, please contact us at the above addresses for current issue availability and copy prices overseas. Prices may be adjusted without notice on the web site, please contact [email protected] for availability.

We look forward to hearing from you, and meeting at the next convention!

An interesting read. Seemingly well produced and presented. Will surely be of great interest in these here parts.

But is it anything like (may the gods forgive me for saying it) the Nikonians? :eek:

As a Nikkormat owner/user I did feel quite out of place in such a 'purist' (or dare I say it, 'elitist') group. Maybe a defacto membership for the likes of us??

Last edited:
(This post has been deleted as it referred to another Nikon group. This was an error on my part. My apology to anyone who may have read it, as I now realize I was referring to another Nikon group. In fact I have already commented on yet another such Nikon group. Old age is definitely showing itself in my household... )

I have just now reread the first post in this thread. The group sounds interesting and I will be looking further into it.

As I've already written n a previous post (obviously I'm now struggling for positive things to say to fill this up after deleting my original off-the-cuff comments), I'm a Nikkormat owner of two FT2s and a bunch of F lenses.

My 'quest' for 2024 is to increase my collection of the early (pre AI-AIS) '60s-'70s Nikon F mount lenses. Especially in the wide angle area. Those old Nikkors are one of very few quality optics still on offer at affordable prices here in Australia, and I want to get in while the going is good.

Last edited:
Back