Is the Agfa 1035 as good as it gets?

POSSEM IDEM FACERE ETIAM MINUS QUAM ILLE QUI OMINO VIVERE EXPEDIRE NEMINI PUTAT
- De Natura Deorum, M T Cicero​

:D

G

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

I recall from the time I had my 1035, that it takes three or four batteries. I think, the latter.

Mine also ate up the power in those batteries like a starved water buffalo. This was one of the main reasons I gave it away but someone has since told me this isn't the case for most 1035s. It seems mine was just power-hungry.

A minor negative point, but significant to some of us. Also, are the batteries for it still available?

You see, after reading this thread, I'm toying with the idea of...

POSSEM IDEM FACERE ETIAM MINUS QUAM ILLE QUI OMINO VIVERE EXPEDIRE NEMINI PUTAT
- De Natura Deorum, M T Cicero​
Godfrey, this sent me to Google Translate, the response from which made almost no sense to me.

I will now be forced to stay awake until you reveal your take on it...

I recall from the time I had my 1035, that it takes three or four batteries. I think, the latter.

Mine also ate up the power in those batteries like a starved water buffalo. This was one of the main reasons I gave it away but someone has since told me this isn't the case for most 1035s. It seems mine was just power-hungry.

A minor negative point, but significant to some of us. Also, are the batteries for it still available?

You see, after reading this thread, I'm toying with the idea of...

Takes three batteries which are still readily available. Neither my 1035 nor my 1535 is power hungry.

[/indent]Godfrey, this sent me to Google Translate, the response from which made almost no sense to me.

I will now be forced to stay awake until you reveal your take on it...

Hi,

Go here:-

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LlbwDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA64&lpg=PA64&dq=POSSEM+IDEM+FACERE+ETIAM+MINUS+QUAM+ILLE+QUI+OMINO+VIVERE+EXPEDIRE+NEMINI+PUTAT&source=bl&ots=fCKRNuFO7_&sig=ACfU3U1HiTyeQh06428w-bH78urYhDURCA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi_wv6ProvrAhUwQEEAHXHBBg8Q6AEwAXoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=POSSEM%20IDEM%20FACERE%20ETIAM%20MINUS%20QUAM%20ILLE%20QUI%20OMINO%20VIVERE%20EXPEDIRE%20NEMINI%20PUTAT&f=false

and you'll see it in Latin as he wrote it at the bottom of para. 83/84. Second to last sentence.

Go down a page and you'll see it in English.

Regards, David

No, it gets better. Get the Chinese copy. (Not really, they are shit.)

I never thought about this cameras as resembling the Plaubel. But now that you mentioned it, some resemblance is there. At least more as when compared to a coffemaker.

Those batteries were made to last decades.

I like these cameras for stereo photography. Having the tripod socket on the side, you can position them vertically close enough to coresspond with eye distance.

Back