Finally! Nokton 50/1.5 in M-mount

Most reviews of this lens talk of possible chromatic aberrations with digital cameras. How big is that an issue for folks here? Has anyone used it with a Fuji X or a digital Leica?

Thanks! I'm super happy with this one. I did rattle another frame off without the guy in the foreground but it really makes the shot.

Tried giving flatbed scanning a go tonight because I'm having a hard time finding some darkroom time! Had this roll hanging waiting for some love the last couple weeks. I forgot how big of a pain in the ass flatbed scanning was. Missing my nikon scanner...

Leica M5, Voigtlander Nokton-M 50mm F1.5, Ilford HP5+ @200, Rodinal

I just received my chrome 50/1.5 VM today and am quite impressed. Checked critical focus at all MFD and all apertures and it was pretty close to dead-on with my M-D (ever-so-slightly back-focused at f/1.5, with focus point right at edge of depth of field, dead-on at all other apertures).

Bokeh is nice, lens is sharp and the chrome body is a thing of beauty. I can't wait to go shoot with this thing.

I also own the VM 35mm f/1.4 S.C. and while the build quality on that one is nice (it renders pretty well too, like a 35/1.4 Pre-ASPH, but sharper wide-open), the 50 build quality is on a whole other level.

Won't be posting any film stuff anymore. No scanner to scan my prints. But I still get out with the 240 these days. Trying to replicate that tmax 400 look I used to get when I was scanning with the nikon coolscan.

Leica M 240, Voigtlander Nokton-M 50mm F1.5

Won't be posting any film stuff anymore. No scanner to scan my prints. But I still get out with the 240 these days. Trying to replicate that tmax 400 look I used to get when I was scanning with the nikon coolscan.

Leica M 240, Voigtlander Nokton-M 50mm F1.5

Bummer to hear that. Always enjoy seeing your film stuff

Back