Analysis Paralysis

Local time
2:48 PM
Hi

I’m a former Leica enthusiast, I’ve owned in the past M6, M9, M246, Q but a few years ago I moved to Hasselblad. I’m looking to move back to Leica but I need some outside input on lens & body selection.

1. M10R or M11

2. 35mm steel rim or Cron or Lux (don’t have budget for APO)

3. 18 or 21 or WATE?

4. 75 or 90 or Canon 50 1.2?

5. Viso, worth it or just live view.

all of the above will be second hand. Any tips on what to watch out for when buying the above is greatly appreciated.

I shoot for fun not for a living.

Thanks…

1. Check Thorsten Overgaard on m10 vs. M11 on Youtube. After seeing that I would personally go with M10.

2. If you need f/1.4 you need a Summilux, whether steel rim or not. The steel rim is the first version. personally I have the later pre-ASPH Lux and the ASPH. I good light I shoot the pre-ASPH for its light weight and small size. Nothing wrong with its imaging on film. On my M9M, at times I use the ASPH.

3. I'm done with the Tele-Elmars. Too slow, too expensive, too big.

4. 75 handles easier than the 90 and the 75/2 Summicron is optically outstanding. The 90/2 Summicron stretches the .72 finder a bit beyond its focusing limitations unless you use the magnifier. The 90.2.8 Elmarit is within the .72 finder's ability wide open, and already is razor sharp wide open.

5. I don't know.

Last edited:
1. Check Thorsten Overgaard on m10 vs. M11 on Youtube. After seeing that I would personally go with M10.

2. If you need f/1.4 you need a Summilux, whether steel rim or not. The steel rim is the first version. personally I have the later pre-ASPH Lux and the ASPH. I good light I shoot the pre-ASPH for its light weight and small size. Nothing wrong with its imaging on film. On my M9M, at times I use the ASPH.

3. I'm done with the Tele-Elmars. Too slow, too expensive, too big.

4. 75 handles easier and the 75/2 is optically outstanding. The 90/2 stretches the .72 finder a bit beyond its focusing limitations unless you use the magnifier. The 90.2.8 is within the .72 finder's ability wide open, and the 90 Elmarit is razor sharp already, wide open.

5. I don't know.
I was thinking Summarit for the 75 or 90, way more compact and cheaper

Back