Vince Lupo's Mapping the West

Your pecan shots from this trip came out great. Tones, light atmosphere ! Look forward to seeing what you come up with in other parts of the West

You have to keep going for a while. Looking for a new place every now and then. Then the good photos will come naturally. Good luck!

Erik.

Not far from New Mexico, but a whole other world: The Great Plains. The first time I visited, dropping down from the mountains east of Las Vegas NM, I was floored. The absolutely flat, wide open landscape is unlike anything I've experienced, and the culture is very different from NM as well, with far less Hispanic and Native American influence. The Heartland, for better or worse! It's high on my list of places to explore and shoot. And oh, the skies!

Just shipped to a buyer in Massachusetts!

30”x40” Hand of God Canvas Print by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

This is me with Jeff Salava, owner extraordinaire of Archival Arts in beautiful downtown Halethorpe, Maryland. Jeff and his team made this 30”x40” canvas print for me and it came out super-duper!

Hmm maybe I’ve been printing my work too small after all.

RE: The ZoZO News article.
Lisa Maue's well crafted text and your inspiring/informative quoted words ....
Together, a real pleasure to read!

RE: The ZoZO News article.
Lisa Maue's well crafted text and your inspiring/informative quoted words ....
Together, a real pleasure to read!

Many thanks indeed - she asked some very insightful questions, wished there had been a longer published version of our interview!

I’ve applied for another month-long artist-in-residence program out there, so we’ll see if anything comes of it.

Fading paint and rust on decaying structures translate better in color. I find myself liking the iPhone preview shots more than the b/w final shots i made on film. Next time I’ll just use the SL2 and I find that perspective control feature extremely useful. Shadows and texture shots for b/w.

Back