Two days at hotel in Maronia Greece with Sony a7iii

mallllias

Local time
3:00 AM
hello to everybody!
Some days before i went to this amazing place
I present to you a hotel that is probably the best in the area there.
Those of you who have ever considered going, it is definitely recommended by me.
The hotel is called King Maron and is located in the area south of Maronia in Platanitis.
Here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-IwAgXBIDQ

Not my kind of vacation spot, I want something photogenic. On Santorini my Hasselblad and Rolleiflex were given their hardest ever workout.. That place would bore them and me to death.

Not my kind of vacation spot, I want something photogenic. On Santorini my Hasselblad and Rolleiflex were given their hardest ever workout.. That place would bore them and me to death.

yeap, Santorini also is maybe 10 times more expensive generally

Yeap, Santorini is one of five greatest tourist destination all over the world for years.
Also is maybe 10 times more expensive generally.
There's no comparison between these 2 places.

About 2 million people visit Santorini every year. If you go there, you can get the same pics they did. And everybody else who has visited since the 1970s. You can even book photo tours to make sure you do. In Santorini, you know you are having a great time shooting romantic sunsets because all the other people with their cameras pressed up against the restaurant windows and cramming the paths in Oia are having a great time getting the same shots as you. So your shot must be good right? Who cares that Maroneia has a rich history, and was mentioned by Homer and Herodotus? Who needs to see the Ancient Greek theatre? Who needs quiet beaches and less fuss? Nah.

About 2 million people visit Santorini every year. If you go there, you can get the same pics they did. And everybody else who has visited since the 1970s. You can even book photo tours to make sure you do. In Santorini, you know you are having a great time shooting romantic sunsets because all the other people with their cameras pressed up against the restaurant windows and cramming the paths in Oia are having a great time getting the same shots as you. Who cares that Maroneia has a rich history, and was mentioned by Homer and Herodotus? Who needs to see the Ancient Greek theatre? Who needs quiet beaches and less fuss? Nah.

All true. And still, Santorini is just so breathtakingly unique.

Reminds me of something baseball philosopher Yogi Berra once said, "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

;)

Back