Japan Tokyo meetup

Stephan,

We lost you somehow at the entrance of Shinjuku station. Hope you made it okay back to your place.

Thanks all for coming, it was fun! Let's do it next time in Beijing / Bremen / Budapest or Tokyo again!

Cheers,
Ben

Stephan,

We lost you somehow at the entrance of Shinjuku station. Hope you made it okay back to your place.

Thanks all for coming, it was fun! Let's do it next time in Beijing / Bremen / Budapest or Tokyo again!

It was great, thank you for showing us around. I had a great time. Too bad, I'm not in Tokyo in November. Osaka is nearest, but yes, we should do this again somewhere.

Just a heads up for you guys: i was just at Don Quichote in Shibuya. Next to it is a camera store called カメラのキムラ that sells Kodak Gold for 199 yen.
I know, you all shoot BW, but since we talked about the price explosion, I thought, this might be of interest.

Just a heads up for you guys: i was just at Don Quichote in Shibuya. Next to it is a camera store called カメラのキムラ that sells Kodak Gold for 199 yen.
I know, you all shoot BW, but since we talked about the price explosion, I thought, this might be of interest.

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for that, indeed shoot BnW only but good to know there's gold available on the cheap. I scan with the Pakon scanner and I hear Gold works really well with it as it was calibrated for such films.

All the best, hope you enjoy your remaining time in Tokyo!
Ben

Hey,

I missed out on the last outing as I was traveling. Anyone up for a meet up? I live in Meguru-ku and is around most of the time.

Happy to meet anywhere in Tokyo for some shooting and some food if ppl are up for it!

Thanks,
Toby

Hey, I missed out on the last outing as I was traveling. Anyone up for a meet up? I live in Meguru-ku and is around most of the time. Happy to meet anywhere in Tokyo for some shooting and some food if ppl are up for it! Thanks, Toby

Hi Toby,

We often meet up with Gabor (Maddoc) and go to check galleries if there's something interesting around.

But what's almost certain is that we are doing beers in Shibuya from around 18:00. If you are around one of the Saturdays just drop a message here and we'll meet up.

Ben

Thanks - I will ask one of these Saturdays. (although I am already booked for a couple).

Please pm me if you are checking any other galleries out some other time. ( I've been thinking to go to totem and zen sometime anyhow).

Thanks,
Toby

Hey, sorry to intrude, but I'll be heading up to Japan mid-October and would enjoy to meet up with some RFF people.

I will mostly be based around Tokyo, but aiming to go to Kyoto for the fire festival as well. Any takers?

Hey, sorry to intrude, but I'll be heading up to Japan mid-October and would enjoy to meet up with some RFF people.

I will mostly be based around Tokyo, but aiming to go to Kyoto for the fire festival as well. Any takers?

Sure - if I am in town I'll be happy to meet up. When you have your dates fixed please post back.

Happy planning!
Ben

I'll be in from the 14 October to the 4th November. But will be motorcycling around the country from the 16th-23rd, and really am unsure on where to sight see for the rest. (So suggestions from you locals will always be welcomed) :)

Just drop a line here again short before your departure and there will be somebody to meet in Tokyo or Yokohama

Anyone around during silver week who wants to meet up? I will be around most of the time and quite flexible.

On a separate note any tips of where to develop film in Tokyo - ideally with scanning also. And where to get an CLA on an old Leica M4-2? I am back from digital into film!

Thanks

Anyone around during silver week who wants to meet up? I will be around most of the time and quite flexible.

On a separate note any tips of where to develop film in Tokyo - ideally with scanning also. And where to get an CLA on an old Leica M4-2? I am back from digital into film!

Thanks

Welcome back to the world of film :)
I do my developing and scanning by myself so I won't be too much help here, hope the others can chime in. I do know Yodobashi camera does developing and scanning too but not sure of the quality. There's also Kitamura camera.

As for CLA, I only had one done and it was a warranty repair so I don't know about the costs etc. It was at Lemonsha Ginza and they did an excellent job. I had an M3 looked at for a light leak that noone could find so they just did an overhaul on the camera and it took care of the problem.

I am going camping on Silver week but hope you'll find others to hang out with!

Cheers,
Ben

Welcome back to the world of film :)
I do my developing and scanning by myself so I won't be too much help here, hope the others can chime in. I do know Yodobashi camera does developing and scanning too but not sure of the quality. There's also Kitamura camera.

As for CLA, I only had one done and it was a warranty repair so I don't know about the costs etc. It was at Lemonsha Ginza and they did an excellent job. I had an M3 looked at for a light leak that noone could find so they just did an overhaul on the camera and it took care of the problem.

I am going camping on Silver week but hope you'll find others to hang out with!

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks! I haven't shot film since highschool It will be interesting - unfortunately my wife won't let me develop at home !

Thanks will try those out for development - also found one close from where I live called popeye camera. For the CLA I will ask around at Lemonsha and others to see what they say!

Ben - I'd be up for a meet up another time you are free and willing.

Anyone else arounds for Silverweek or other times!

Well, with my flight dates and itinerary confirmed, would anyone be free on the 17th Oct to meet up?

Bit of a last minute note but here it is anyways.

I am meeting up with Jerome (Lauffray) tonight (9th of Oct) in Shibuya. We are going for beers and a bite to eat - starting around 19:00.

Drop me a PM if interested.
Cheers,
Ben

Too bad I only saw this now. Would had liked to joined! Let me know if any other meetups soon. Shibuya would had been convenient for me also!

Ahhh damn, I didn't see Ben's post until now either...

Well, with my flight dates and itinerary confirmed, would anyone be free on the 17th Oct to meet up?

Not to worry, how about we aim for a meetup next Saturday when Eugene Ong is in town? Would you be up for that Tonkatsu-Dog?

Back