Show us your SLR ..... WHAT?

My old Nikon FTn accompanied me in Vietnam and Cambodia in '69 & '70. I was a combat photographer in the infantry:
IMG_2078-X5.jpg

I think it took this photo of me standing on a tank just inside Cambodia in the spring of 1970:
1st%20%20Squadron%20of%20the%204th%20Cavalry%20-%20Copy.jpg

Looks like it was processed in a mud puddle. Might have been.šŸ˜€

Mike
Wow!

Picked up this new-in-box FE2 yesterday and put a 35/2.8 on it. Never had a roll...original sale date May, 1986. Lens mount appears to never have had a lens mounted, either, no marks and it was a pretty snug fit. The mirror foam was a bit crumbly so I replaced it, door seals look reasonably ok, will shoot a test roll to confirm.

IMG_5183.jpg

Nice - always wanted one. BTW is that lens auto or manual aperture?
It's an auto lens and the camera has auto aperture function, but no DOF preview. It hasn't got an auto-return mirror either, but the 1963 model had. But that's ok, the less that can go wrong, the better. I will probably get a prism finder for it, but I can see that it will cost me twice the amount I paid for camera and lens.

My old Nikon FTn accompanied me in Vietnam and Cambodia in '69 & '70. I was a combat photographer in the infantry:
IMG_2078-X5.jpg

I think it took this photo of me standing on a tank just inside Cambodia in the spring of 1970:
1st%20%20Squadron%20of%20the%204th%20Cavalry%20-%20Copy.jpg

Looks like it was processed in a mud puddle. Might have been.šŸ˜€

Mike
Love the 1911, what make is it? I own a Union Switch and Signal 1911A1 and nine Nikon F's

Love the 1911, what make is it? I own a Union Switch and Signal 1911A1 and nine Nikon F's
You've got me beat! It's the 1911A1 Remington Rand made in 1944. It came back to the US from the ETO in a duffle bag that belonged to a 101st Airborne soldier. He got it just prior to jumping into Normandy.

Mike

Wow, what an "eye" you have! That was an M-2R and was US Army issued. I shot Tri-X mostly at ā؍ 8 at 1/500 with a 35mm abd most everything came out.

Mike
Nay, lad. Not the camera. Didnā€™t even see that one. I refer to the M3 hanging off your right shoulder.

Hard to believe the 1911 fans didnā€™t spot it.

Last edited:
Back