Show us your SLR ..... WHAT?

When the FM3a was introduced I bought one and wanted it to have a lens I didn’t already have on my other Nikons. I chose the 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor and also bought a PK-13 attachment for macro shots (at bottom right of this photo). The PK-13 works very well with that lens.

I like the hybrid nature of the FM3a along with its analog viewfinder display which is reminiscent of that on the FE2 and even the Nikkormat EL.

1C06DB8E-1E44-4AB1-8F92-EBD93D01D297.jpg

If I were honest with myself, I'd admit that the FM3a (or an FM2) with the 45mm pancake is all the 35mm camera I really need. I'm not terribly honest with myself about that sort of thing, however; hence the drawers full of the results of countless GAS attacks. But it is important to be reminded...

If I were honest with myself, I'd admit that the FM3a (or an FM2) with the 45mm pancake is all the 35mm camera I really need. I'm not terribly honest with myself about that sort of thing, however; hence the drawers full of the results of countless GAS attacks. But it is important to be reminded...

If i were honest with myself, i shouldn't have bought any camera since i bought my first real camera in 1997 - an EOS-5 which i still have and use and still gives me great pictures.
But i do appreciate those machines, i like having them and occasionally take a pic with them (sometimes i swap the same roll between 3-4 cameras). I enjoy them as an amateur collector on a low badget.

Dear Board,

I started with a Canonet 28, and bought a used Canon F-1 when I was still in high school. Since then I've embraced digital photography but still have a love for the older stuff. I have motorized F-1n's and A-1's, but this here is my baby. It does everything the others do plus more.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA :)

IMG_20230225_190404_HDR by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

Four spent 25mm shells fired from a GAU-22/A Gatling gun mounted in the F/35B Lightning II.
Our son fired these as part of the training he provides the new pilots. He was given these upon returning to base and gave them to me since they aren't reused.

52695189670_99f0e1caff_c.jpg

Whilst cleaning the garage i found my old Zenit. I haven't used it for more than 15 years now due to a light leak coming from the eye-piece.

IMG_2834.JPG

The culprit was deteriorating light seals on the back of the prism.

335063679_515428427422069_2756543796735429372_n.jpg

Now this has been cleaned, i have retired this camera but from time to time i will use it to take family pictures. This camera has given me some of my favourite pictures in the past.

Scan12145.JPG

ScanImage53.jpg

01.JPG

Scan11810sm.JPG

No idea if they were actually any good, but I think the early Minolta's were among the prettiest SLR's ever made (especially in black). Their typography from that era certainly didn't hurt the cause!
In terms of using it, is not bad at all although the SRT101 was a major step towards. This SR-1 has a split focusing screen (quite unusual, these were bespoke customization done in the factory). Earlier models you had to lift and rotate the speed dial. Later models have ugly meter bracket. There are also the Sr7 and Sr3 (in between models which solved some problems).

This model doesn't open the aperture after taking the picture, it opens it again after you advance the film. Also be mindful when using the lenses that came with this camera, you cannot use them on newer Minoltas. Instead of an aperture pin they have a rotating disk(!). Those lenses open up yo f8 on new minoltas. New Rokkors work well on this model thought.

As I said, with the SR-T Minolta standardized and solved all these issues.

Kiev-10 Automat

Kiev-10 Automat type2 (1968 to 1975), According to J L Princelle, its ancestor, the type 1 (1965-70) was the world’s first full-frame auto exposure 35mm reflex camera with focal pane shutter and interchangeable lenses. And the world’s only SLR with a metallic fan-bladed shutter. The aperture dial is in not in the lens but in the body of the camera.

Kiev-10 Automat

Kiev-10 Automat type 2 with Helios 81 50/2 by João Avelar, on Flickr

With original Kiev hood

Kiev-10 Automat type 2 with Helios 81 50/2 by João Avelar, on Flickr

The fan-bladed shutter

Kiev-10 Automat fan-bladed shutter by João Avelar, on Flickr

Regards

Joao

Back