Pennsylvania Philly crickets chirping

Phil_F_NM

Camera hacker
Local time
9:57 AM
Yes, it's winter. The Iggles are in the super bowl this coming sunday. The city smells a little better because the cold keeps the funk at a low.
Enough kvetching on my part.

So, NYC has their big February thing coming up. I can't make it and with the weather of late, I don't know if I want to be on the NJ Turnpike trying to get home in an ice storm or blizzard.
That said, would anyone want to have a quiet meet-up in Center City? I'm thinking just a few folks since the Philly RFF crowd is pretty small anyways and this subforum is pretty moribund of late.

From now 'till late May, I'm free Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. I'm thinking we could meet at Slainte over near the 30th St Station or even better, at Schlesinger's on Locust between 15th and 16th. They have a few big booths and could handle a party of 6-8 easily. Matzo ball soup, half a sandwich, and coffee are fantastic lunch. They have their rye bread delivered every morning from NYC, supposedly.

No rush in planning this. I just wanted to throw this idea out there and maybe get a pulse beating in the Philly RFF community again.

Phil Forrest

I hate SEPTA. By proxy, I hate the Eagles. The unholy union of Philly fandom and mismanaged public transit with awful communication has caused me to miss two appointments today.
Ok, back to photographic stuff...
My Bell & Howell 70DR arrived and it is fantastic. I'm going to give it a thorough soaking in oil, a deep cleaning, then proper lubrication and I'll be good to go.

Phil Forrest

Phil,

I don't mind taking the Mega-bus sometime in later in the spring. A small group Meet-Up is cool with me. Kepp me in the loop.

Near 30th Street Station is easy.

Cal

Back