Cooke Amotal and LLL Speed Panchro II

Amotal @ f4, Leica M9 @ 125/sec continuous LED light.

Earlier this week my photographer friend received his new Godox continuous LED lights just minutes before our lovely female friend showed up. Since we were testing the new lights, I figured it would be a good opportunity to see how the Amotal M9 combination handles things.
L1000154 by Brusby, on Flickr

Last edited:
Amotal @ f4, Leica M9 @ 125/sec continuous LED light.

Earlier this week my photographer friend received his new Godox continuous LED lights just minutes before our lovely female friend showed up. Since we were testing the new lights, I figured it would be a good opportunity to see how the Amotal M9 combination handles things.
L1000154 by Brusby, on Flickr

Well done. The Amotal also renders well at f/2 on an M10.

IMG_9809.JPG

This is a collection of Rhododendron blossoms from last year with a Cooke Amotal on an M9. I do not put them up as great photos but as an example of what the lens can do with light when hung on a nice camera. Rhodies - 2023 M9/Amotal

Likewise these photos:

New Amotal

Cooke Amotal

I like the lens a lot for how it can put a glow around things and still be sharp. Note in the Rhodie pics that while there can be a glow the floral pistil is still clearly defined. The subtle pinks in the Rhodie blossoms are there, too. And the color always seems accurate and a little deeper than real but still appropriate. It's a great lens. Those folks at THC really knew what they were doing when they built these lenses

Last edited:
Back