Back to Istanbul (not Constantinople)

These are beautiful images. Thank you for sharing them with us here.
This reminds me of my trip to Damascus (Syria) before the civil war burnt everything down.
I had a Canon P with a Canon 28mm/3.5 and a Graflex XLSW which a wide angle MF camera. The B&W images came out "stronger" than the color images (in my trip).

Great pictures, Jan, really nice. I like your color work too. It is not digital I guess. Is it all shot with a Takumar?

Erik.

Thank you Erik! I used respooled Kodak Vision3 250D motion picture film, wonderful colors and latitude, and we have a place here in Warsaw that develop ECN-2 nicely and quite cheap.
Most of the pictures are from Takumar, but you can spot a few wide angle shots from Ricoh GR1.

These are beautiful images. Thank you for sharing them with us here.
This reminds me of my trip to Damascus (Syria) before the civil war burnt everything down.
I had a Canon P with a Canon 28mm/3.5 and a Graflex XLSW which a wide angle MF camera. The B&W images came out "stronger" than the color images (in my trip).

My pleasure, thank you. I planned to take a Horseman Convertible with me, ordered it just before the trip and DPD smashed the package so badly, that it totaled the camera. Usually I only take BW to Istanbul, but with such nice spring weather I wanted to have lots of postcards this time.

Y9vaKeY.jpg

lq93FSl.jpg

VQkSARf.jpg

Saturday, second day of Bayram, whole "old" city was jam packed with people, never seen anything like it before.
Super-Takumar 50/1.4

Lovely pictures. I used to live in Kosuyolu in 2004 for a couple of years on and off. I have some slides from back then but all left in my family home in Greece.

Lovely pictures. I used to live in Kosuyolu in 2004 for a couple of years on and off. I have some slides from back then but all left in my family home in Greece.

then this should be a familiar view for you, except not at all ;)

hTm0pKg.jpg

BTW it's better to have slides back at home in a box, than lost them somewhere between cloud storage and corrupted HDD, praise the film!

Back