Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Olympus RF

Olympus RF This forum is for the Olympus rangefinders.

SRB-Griturn 43.5mm filters
Old 11-07-2009   #1
AAlfano

SRB-Griturn 43.5mm filters

Hello. I have recently acquired an Olympus 35RC and am really enjoying this little camera. I bought a 43.5mm Bower 1A skylight filter and an old stock Vivitar yellow B&W contrast 43.5mm filter. I would also like to get an 81A warming filter, but the only 43.5mm 81A filters I have found are from SRB-Griturn in the UK (http://www.srb-griturn.com/). I am a bit leery about these as the website states that they are made from optical resin, which I interpret to mean plastic. I have only used multi-coated glass filters. Does anyone have any experience with the optical resin filters from SRB-Griturn? My alternative would be a 43.5mm --> 46mm step-up ring and a Hoya or B&W multi-coated glass filter. I would rather have a 43.5mm filter to keep the compact 35RC as trim as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Old 11-07-2009   #2
ColinW
* Click *

AAlfano,

I have no experience of the SRB-Griturn filters but you can also buy them (for roughly the same price) and other makes here:

http://www.tripman.co.uk/70131/info.php?p=4&pno=0

An excellent site for RC's and other rangefinders, but unfortunately no 81A's just now. Sometimes if you email them with a specific request they can help you out. Good luck.