Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

My Kiev 88 and getting Hasselblad GAS
Old 09-16-2019   #1
K14

My Kiev 88 and getting Hasselblad GAS

Seeing the Hasselblad SWC picture thread gave me the urge to get out my Kiev 88 and give it a test run after 10 years on the shelf. The urge came upon me to think about getting a Hasselblad 500 or SWC for getting back into MF

I really like shooting the Kiev 88 particularly framing. Much better than the Kiev 60. I loaded some TMAX 400 and took some test shots using the standard Arsat 80mm lens. I was pleased with the results, spacing was perfect on the roll. One shot in question is the saw horses, there looks to be a light leak but not sure. Could be coming from advancing the film for the next shot. The other shots look fine.

Like I said it's been 10 years having this camera on the shelf, getting a $900 Hasselblad wouldn't be a good investment if I did the same. Should I work with the 88 and see what I can do with it or just make the jump to hyperspace?

Old 09-17-2019   #2
AndersG

Work with the 88 for a bit, I'd say. It seems to work nicely and applying some tape might fix a light leak if there is one.

Old 09-17-2019   #3
Ste_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by K14 View Post
...I really like shooting the Kiev 88... I was pleased with the results.....
I think you've answered your own question.

Old 09-17-2019   #4
Ko.Fe.
Kostya Fedot

You might not get results as good with H after seating on the shelf for ten years.