Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Olympus RF

Olympus RF This forum is for the Olympus rangefinders.

Film Counter SP-35
Old 02-06-2018   #1
PietRoskam

Film Counter SP-35

Dear all, I searched the whole forum but nothing found, so here's my 1st post: Does anyone have any suggestions as my film counter on my Olympus 35-SP in not counting and it is not able to reset anymore?

Thanks a lot

Piet

Last edited by PietRoskam : 02-06-2018 at 11:14. Reason: translation :-)

Old 02-06-2018   #2
dtcls100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PietRoskam View Post
Dear all, I searched the whole forum but nothing found, so here's my 1st post: Does anyone have any suggestions as my film counter on my Olympus 35-SP in not counting and it is not able to reset anymore?

Thanks a lot

Piet
You need to open the camera back. The upper edge of the camera back fits into a slot. In that slot, just below and a little bit to the right of the spot metering button, is a small pin/lever that resets the film counter when you open the camera back. Check to make sure that nothing is jamming the little pin/lever and that it depresses and pops out freely. Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Old 02-06-2018   #3
nhchen
Nathan

I would take the top cover off the camera to see what’s wrong. A spring could have come loose in the counter or maybe it’s gummed up.
Nathan

Old 02-08-2018   #4
PietRoskam

Thanks a lot for your quick response, unfortunately it didn't help so I will check Nathan's suggestion but that takes some time and will be a nice weeknd job.