Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders

Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders This forum is for 35mm Kodak Retinas and Ektras rangefinders. The Retinas are known for their German engineering, relatively modest price and superb lenses. The Ektras are known as by far the finest 35mm American made rangefinder ever made.

'57 Caddy tailfin
Old 05-18-2012   #1
Kenj8246

'57 Caddy tailfin

Another recent IIc shot.

Old 05-18-2012   #2
KoNickon
Nick Merritt

Clinical! You could probably shoot a whole roll on just the chrome trim of this car (maybe you did!).

Old 05-18-2012   #3
dave lackey

Very nice! Certainly picked a great model to shoot and thanks for posting, I was wondering about a Retina myself!

Dave

Old 11-20-2012   #4
rashid93

Very nice! Certainly picked a great model to shoot and thanks for posting, I was wondering about a Retina myself!

Old 11-20-2012   #5
Muggins

That is extremely nice - if I may take the liberty of making a suggestion (I don't know how close you can focus with a Retina as I have yet to find a good one...), I'd be sorely tempted to go even closer and to take the badge out, and perhaps even the top of the fin and make it even more abstract. There's just something about styling of that era...

Hope you don't mind, I shall foxtrot oscar and stop trying to teach you to suck eggs now!

Adrian

If http://www.flickr.com/photos/gray1720/ are the ones I let people see, what on earth are the rest like?