Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders

Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders This forum is for 35mm Kodak Retinas and Ektras rangefinders. The Retinas are known for their German engineering, relatively modest price and superb lenses. The Ektras are known as by far the finest 35mm American made rangefinder ever made.

Schneider Retina Curtar Xenon 4/80mm
Old 03-23-2011   #1
kitaanat
kitaanat

Schneider Retina Curtar Xenon 4/80mm

I found a fishing boat go out for fishing that was interesting and decided to change my lens to 80mm immediately because the boat are too far from the beach. I've got the Schneider Retina Curtar Xenon 4/80mm for year but a few shot taken with this lens. This is another opportunity.

I use scale focus and DOF mark on the lens. (red dot)

We see pictures through our own eyes. We edit it in our brain. If that's a good one, take it with our camera.

Last edited by kitaanat : 03-23-2011 at 19:47.

Old 03-23-2011   #2
mfunnell
Shaken, so blurred

That has a "timeless" look to it that I rather like. Well spotted, and well executed.

...Mike

My flickr photostream has day-to-day stuff and I've given up most everywhere else through lack of time or perhaps interest.

Old 03-23-2011   #3
RichL

Nice shot kitaanat. The 80 appears to be every bit as good as the normal lens. Not sure what it is about the reflection but my eye keeps shifting from the two men in the boat to their reflection in the water.

Old 03-24-2011   #4
kitaanat
kitaanat

mfunnel, RichL,
Thank you very much. I'm very appreciate.

@RichL, I've the same feeling about that reflection too.

The below picture is another shot taken with the same lens. RichL, I agree with about the output quality of this lens.

We see pictures through our own eyes. We edit it in our brain. If that's a good one, take it with our camera.

Old 03-25-2011   #5
JPD
J. Patric DahlÚn

Very nice pictures, Kitaanat. I agree about the timelessness of the first picture. It could have been taken any time within the last 70 years. I like the straight backs on the men. Very Asian.

The tele and wide lenses for Retina are very good indeed. Not simple to use, but fun when you like the Retina cameras and their technical history. And they, as we now know, deliver excellent results.

Old 04-13-2011   #6
kitaanat
kitaanat

Thanks JPD and everyone.

Old 04-13-2011   #7
oftheherd

I just spotted this thread. Nice photos, especially the first of the boat. I like it.

Old 04-13-2011   #8
kitaanat
kitaanat

Thanks oftheherd, this was the first time I saw clearly that the fisher men need to stand like that when they go for fishing. I'm curious about other boat may be the same or only this place or just only this boat.