Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Photo Software

Photo Software Discussions of all the photo software - except scanning software which is in the forum with scanners.

Old 02-07-2017   #41
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Obscura looks interesting, I'll try it. Thanks for posting that.

I have now at least a half dozen camera apps as well as a similar number of meter apps that I've found interesting and did a good job. But, in the end, I find myself using the standard Camera app most of the time because it does a darn good job, is simple to use, and is the fastest to get to.

The iPhone 6 is a very good camera. It's just that I have better ones, so I rarely think of using it for "real" photography.

G

Old 02-07-2017   #42
raid
Dad Photographer

I used to put the iPhone6 in the same pocket as I have my keys, and I think that the lens cover may gotten scratched sinec highlights are blown when I point the camera towards a light source at night. My wife's identical phone camera does much better. Her phone is always kept in her purse.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 02-07-2017   #43
raid
Dad Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb hill View Post
Ok. I just saw your photos in the gallery. Very stunning. Picked one for Photo of the Week.
At the end of each long trip, I download all images from the phone to the computer. Then I check out each image with PS to see if enhancements are needed/possible to do.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/

Old 02-07-2017   #44
nikonhswebmaster
Moderator NHS Forum

[quote=mabelsound;2564490]Oh I totally forgot: Obscura! It's a superb, stripped-down app with manual control of everything. Even manual focus is available. And a lovely, spare interface!

Just grabbed a copy! Works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
The iPhone 6 is a very good camera. It's just that I have better ones, so I rarely think of using it for "real" photography.

G
I own my Nikon rangefinder film cameras, and a horrid FF Canon DSLR that is the size of one my shoes, and half the weight of my carbon fiber bicycle, so for digital, I am pretty much 6SE all the time.

Old 02-07-2017   #45
Crazy Fedya

I have been using Filmborn, which was mentioned in some other thread, and I like it very much. It has different film emulations, manual focus and some other manual settings built in.
Here are some samples:

Old 02-07-2017   #46
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonhswebmaster View Post
... I own my Nikon rangefinder film cameras, and a horrid FF Canon DSLR that is the size of one my shoes, and half the weight of my carbon fiber bicycle, so for digital, I am pretty much 6SE all the time.
What I'm carrying nearly all the time now for casual shooting is a Leica M-D typ 262. All the goodness of using the M4-2 (compact, light, easy to carry, can use my favorite lenses) but with digital capture... Perfect.

G

Old 02-07-2017   #47
nikonhswebmaster
Moderator NHS Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
What I'm carrying nearly all the time now for casual shooting is a Leica M-D typ 262. All the goodness of using the M4-2 (compact, light, easy to carry, can use my favorite lenses) but with digital capture... Perfect.

G
Yeah about the same as when I carried an M3, which I could get into AF cargo pants easily. But these days I want a camera that fits in the back pocket of my jeans, which is connected to instagram.

I have looked at the smaller cameras, but only the new Leica Sofort has caught my eye, maybe because it is orange and I love instant film? I have one in my cart at Amazon, Prime and 5% off with Amazon CC.