Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M Film Cameras

Old 02-21-2016   #41
sc_rufctr
Leica nuts

I carry a note book so I can record exposure setting etc for each frame.

Guess what else I write in there.

Adelaide, South Australia

Old 10-31-2019   #42
halfaninchawater

This post may be three years too late but... I checked the old links trying to find one of the memory holders for a newly acquired Canonet. Finally found the Hama Film Memory Tab Holder at Overland PhotoSupply. http://www.overlandphoto.com/pages/slracc.html
These are the same ones that that are no longer available from B & H. Overland has a few more in stock If you’re interested.

Old 10-31-2019   #43
Huss

In any kolor you want:
https://www.cameradactyl.com/buttergrip/tabholders

Old 11-03-2019   #44
alfredian

I try to leave the camera set at Sunny 16, at least I get the ISO speed right. Other than that, the flash shoe is okay for sliding in a piece of the film box tab, even if you're just jotting down film info on it by hand.-alfredian

Old 11-04-2019   #45
Doug A

I bulk load all of my 35mm film. When I load a cassette I write the film type, number of exposures and ISO on a strip of blue painter's tape and wrap it around the can holding the cassette. When I put the film in the camera I remove the tape from the can and stick it on the bottom of the camera. When I remove the exposed film from the camera I put it back in the can and move the tape from the camera to the can again. And when I transfer the film to the developing tank I move the tape to the side of the developing tank. (The tape on the bottom of the IIIc right now says "TX-12-320" which means 12 exposures of Tri-X exposed at EV 320.)

Old 11-05-2019   #46
sepiareverb
genius and moron

When I bulk load I use Avery removable labels on the cassette. I write film type on it and leave room for the roll number for when it comes out of the camera. The label then goes on the tail of the film as it hangs to dry. The labels come in all manner of sizes.

Still use the film box end in the hotshoe trick, and have some pieces of card with XX, UN54 on them for non boxed film. I have a little bowl on my desk with tons of these in it.

Old 11-05-2019   #47
Ronald M

Sure does. Film box cover and tape. or hang a tag on the strap lug.