Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

I wrote up a review of the Voigtlander VCii Light Meter
Old 07-25-2019   #1
Hogarth Ferguson

I wrote up a review of the Voigtlander VCii Light Meter

Every time I post a photo of my gear on instagram or flickr or reddit people ask me my thoughts on the Voigtlander VCii I use. Overall, really good meter and very handy.

You can read the review here if you'd like.

Old 07-25-2019   #2
charjohncarter

I use mine on multiple cameras, good review: thanks. I especially like it on my IIIf and my Spotmatic (I have a cold shoe). The Spotmatic has a built in meter but with VCII I can set everything without using the viewfinder and I can do it pre-shooting.

Old 07-25-2019   #3
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Nice review!

I've heard about the battery door opening before, but never experienced it with mine. It's a very nice fit on my Leica M4-2 as well as on my Voigtländer Perkeo II. Even works nicely with the Rollei 35S when I don't bother to fit a battery.

G

Old 07-25-2019   #4
john_s

My approach. I found that having an uncoupled meter attached to a camera less convenient than I anticipated (it was a heavy Rolleiflex SLR) i decided to attach it to a cord which I wear around my neck. Voigtlander make an accessory to do this but it's bulky, so I drilled a couple of holes and araldited a loop of piano wire into the base, AFTER making sure that the loop did not interfere with any of my cameras' shoes (On the SL66 the meter is mounted from the front, not the back, and the loop doesn't interfere.

There is a photo at

https://www.rangefinderforum.com/for...d.php?t=116314

near the end of the thread.

Last edited by john_s : 07-25-2019 at 16:51. Reason: add link to photo

Old 07-25-2019   #5
Timmyjoe

Hogarth,

Nice review. Picked up a Voigtlander VCII a couple months ago for my M4 and really love it. Had been using a hand meter or guessing exposure before that. It's changed the way I shoot the camera and gives me a lot more confidence that my exposure will be spot on.

Best,
-Tim

Old 07-25-2019   #6
Huss

Nice! Looks great on your S3. And it looks great on my Fuji GW690III, Leica M-A and M4-2.