Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Fantastic customer service - Hasselblad
Old 11-27-2018   #1
Huss

Fantastic customer service - Hasselblad

So my Hasselblad H1 was miss-focusing. The AF was just a little bit off. I sent an email to their service center in the US, and got a reply that same day. I then called the rep - Anthony McCall - who then walked me through, step by step, how to clean the AF sensor! So I didn't need to send it to them.
Worked a treat and so impressed with this kind of support.

He also said that if I had to send to them for service I would have it back in a week. Hasselblad is not a big company, but if they can pull this off, it just shows there is no excuse for others who take months and months (company name rhymes with Leica).

Also - pretty awesome they still service this old camera! One reason why I didnt go with the Contax 645.

Shout out to Anthony!

Old 11-27-2018   #2
dave lackey

Glad to hear that, Huss!

Not yet needing any service work, it is good to know they are still offering such good service!

Wonderful news!

Dave

Old 11-27-2018   #3
Timmyjoe

Glad you got good service Huss.

Picked up a Hasselblad 500CM in 2009 that had seen some better days. Hasselblad did this service option back then for the old 500 cameras (I think they were getting folks ready for their digital backs) and they took the camera, two backs, an an 80mm & 150mm lens and refurbished the whole batch for less than a grand. And everything came back like new. Was blown away.

The 45 viewfinder was not included in the service.

If I still shot medium format, Hasselblad is who I'd go with.

Best,
-Tim

New Photo Books
Sturgis Stories
& Scenes From Sturgis
now available

Old 11-27-2018   #4
Bille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Hasselblad is not a big company, but if they can pull this off, it just shows there is no excuse for others who take months and months
I guess, the smaller the company, the more they care.

Leica customer service is usally quick to reply by mail but their service times are utterly ridiculous.

Old 11-27-2018   #5
Ronald M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bille View Post

Leica customer service is usally quick to reply by mail but their service times are utterly ridiculous.
Have been since my first Leica in 1980. Unfortunately only game in town. Market too small for competition .

Mirrorless is latest and M10 is up with the newest and best mirrorless. Just missing auto focus.

Old 11-27-2018   #6
Filter Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Hasselblad is not a big company, but if they can pull this off, it just shows there is no excuse for others who take months and months (company name rhymes with Leica).
Not that Leica is a big company either; its even smaller still when you consider that "Leica Camera AG" is not the same company that manufacturers microscopes, medical imaging equipment and surveying equipment.

Cheers, Robert

Old 11-27-2018   #7
Contarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bille View Post
Parent company is DJI out of China. Big company!

Old 11-27-2018   #8
sepiareverb
genius and moron

Not everyone agrees with this notion, on the Hasselblad Forum they gripe endlessly about customer service woe.

The 30mm I got for the X1D was not right, corners had a blue cast which was much worse in flat overcast light. I was asked to do all kinds of different things in Phocus to mitigate it and sent in files shot to their specs and was told that it was fine. I returned the lens to B&H and got it replaced, no issues with the new one.

Wade on FB can be helpful, but I have heard many horror stories too.