Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

my x pro 1 finally pimped
Old 05-24-2012   #1
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
my x pro 1 finally pimped

Well, my x pro is finally pimped for now.

I added:

a. A Match Technical Thumbs Up and shutter button (Opera Act II).
b. A protective screen.
c. A Gordy's wrist strap and long shoulder strap so I can change according to what/where I am shooting. Both in black with red thread.
d. A Ciesta black case with red thread and black lens cap came today.

For anyone interested in this case the stitching seems very clean and the case well made. It is a snug fit to the camera and has a screw in tripod nut in the bottom. It does not have a space for battery removal. The lens cap with string attached I like as to not have to fiddle with caps. the case adds a bit of thickness overall and runs on top of the back screen. i like this as the entire back of the camera is not exposed. You end up reaching in a bit to the buttons because of all the enclosed areas but it is not a problem.

Overall I really like how the whole package came out.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #2
jsrockit
Moderator
 
jsrockit's Avatar
 
jsrockit is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santiago, Chile
Age: 45
Posts: 19,749
Neck strap (black label silk) only for me... not a big fan of things that make a small camera more bulky. However, I do like your wrsit strap and neck strap idea and what matters most is what works for you. Have fun!
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #3
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque
 
Dante_Stella's Avatar
 
Dante_Stella is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,754
John, could you tell me how much clearance there is between the bottom of the eyepiece and the Ciesta case? It looks very similar to a Mr. Zhou case, and I would like to make sure that it will clear a wider rubber eyepiece (as on the Nikon F2).

Thanks!
Dante
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #4
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
Dante,

The top of the case almost, and I mean almost touches the bottom the the rubber eyepiece. with that in mind, I can easily push it down a bit giving more clearance without it becoming low into the back screen
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #5
alistair.o
Registered User
 
alistair.o's Avatar
 
alistair.o is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw View Post
Well, my x pro is finally pimped for now.

I added:

a. A Match Technical Thumbs Up and shutter button (Opera Act II).
b. A protective screen.
c. A Gordy's wrist strap and long shoulder strap so I can change according to what/where I am shooting. Both in black with red thread.
d. A Ciesta black case with red thread and black lens cap came today.

For anyone interested in this case the stitching seems very clean and the case well made. It is a snug fit to the camera and has a screw in tripod nut in the bottom. It does not have a space for battery removal. The lens cap with string attached I like as to not have to fiddle with caps. the case adds a bit of thickness overall and runs on top of the back screen. i like this as the entire back of the camera is not exposed. You end up reaching in a bit to the buttons because of all the enclosed areas but it is not a problem.

Overall I really like how the whole package came out.
I have highted those words above because I am a passer by when it comes to this product BUT pictures of the 'pimped' (never thought I write that word) camera would be interesting indeed...

Pictures please!
__________________
Best Wishes - Alistair
________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #6
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
Thanks Rockit,

yes, it makes it a bit wider but I am a stickler for trying to keep things pristine. I tend to bang stuff around so really feel I need a case.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #7
jsrockit
Moderator
 
jsrockit's Avatar
 
jsrockit is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santiago, Chile
Age: 45
Posts: 19,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw View Post
...I am a stickler for trying to keep things pristine. I tend to bang stuff around so really feel I need a case.
Ah, I see. I just let mine get scratched and dinged. That said, I'm not in war zones or in hectic situations generally speaking.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #8
x.z.
Registered User
 
x.z. is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 58
Pimped, not sure what's meaning of this English

Well my XP1 "pimped" with one protective film on screen, and one dark tape on the LED
__________________
Xu, Zhe


My Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #9
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
X,Z

Pimped is just a slang term here meaning "extra stuff added", as you can see from the post, it is just the accessories I put on.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #10
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
Alistar,

If someone can direct me how to add photos I will try.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #11
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque
 
Dante_Stella's Avatar
 
Dante_Stella is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw
Dante,

The top of the case almost, and I mean almost touches the bottom the the rubber eyepiece. with that in mind, I can easily push it down a bit giving more clearance without it becoming low into the back screen
Thanks... If it doesn't work, there's always X-Acto!

Dante
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #12
x.z.
Registered User
 
x.z. is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw View Post
X,Z

Pimped is just a slang term here meaning "extra stuff added", as you can see from the post, it is just the accessories I put on.
Thank you for the explanation, so my guess is correct
__________________
Xu, Zhe


My Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #13
Athos6
Tao Master
 
Athos6's Avatar
 
Athos6 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 333
This thread is worthless without pictures
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2012   #14
seanbonner
Registered User
 
seanbonner is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 167
__________________
homebase | twitter | flickr | Google+
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #15
Leigh Youdale
Registered User
 
Leigh Youdale is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.z. View Post
Thank you for the explanation, so my guess is correct
It depends on what part of the English-speaking world you are. English can be a strange language.
Here, the verb "to pimp" has very different connotations, so if you have been "pimped" - well, I'll leave it at that!
__________________

Fuji X10
Leica M6
Bessa R4A
Rolleiflex (3): E3 Planar 2.8, WA & Tele
Nikkormat FTn (2)
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #16
Bike Tourist
Registered User
 
Bike Tourist's Avatar
 
Bike Tourist is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central California
Age: 83
Posts: 1,215
John, about the Match Technical Thumbs Up. It is not listed for the XP1. How is the fit? Does it interfere with any buttons on back? Do you like the handling better with it?
__________________
Dick Thornton

Stock Portfolio:
http://www.shutterstock.com/g/biketourist
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #17
donz
Registered User
 
donz is offline
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
I thought I see pictures on the first post
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #18
jarski
Registered User
 
jarski's Avatar
 
jarski is online now
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,539
still no pics??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw View Post
If someone can direct me how to add photos I will try.
heres guide how to use Flickr for this: http://rangefinderforum.com/forums/s...hreadid=119390
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #19
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
jarski,
Thanks for the guide i will check it out. I moved some photos from my iphone to the computer yesterday so I will see if I can transfer those.

Dick,
If you look at the CSEP-2 you will see that along with fitting a leica the X pro is listed, the x100 might be too. It has a cold shoe which I have covered. There is a new model coming out that will make the camera appear not as tall I think. Anyway, the metal does not interfere with the buttons. perhaps with the shutter control you turn it more from the side now but nothing noticeable. For me, when i rest my thumb it causes my hand position to raise a bit which means now the camera rests a bit different in the bottom pad of my hand. Some may like this some may not but I find the position comfortable and holding the camera by one hand and shooting better, like you might do in a quick moment on the street. Hope that helps. The piece is very well built and after you place it in your hotshoe you tighten a small screw to secure it. It has not come loose at all.

I have been through DSLR's, OLY m43 and not since the feel and control of my F3 have I been so smitten with a camera.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #20
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7098/7...ae97d9cd_m.jpg
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #21
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7214/7267505280_6bb3978c83_m.jpg




I hope this worked guys....
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #22
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150



Last one...
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #23
segedi
RFicianado
 
segedi's Avatar
 
segedi is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,233
And now a request for some pics taken with the camera
__________________
-----------------------

Segedi.com

Flickr

Twitter
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #24
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
segedi,

boy, you guys are a demanding bunch...lol
ok, I've got a few I would like to share but don;t think I can post them until Monday. I will try though.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #25
Thardy
Registered User
 
Thardy is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
It depends on what part of the English-speaking world you are. English can be a strange language.
Here, the verb "to pimp" has very different connotations, so if you have been "pimped" - well, I'll leave it at that!
Pimping has different meanings, but I think the same root. Two meanings today mean to add accessories to a car or camera etc..to spruce it up. The results can be quite dramatic.

In schools especially Medical school a student is frequently pimped by doctors of higher status. Basically they are asked questions in an aggressive manner with oftentimes humiliating results.

The root is from those guys who "take care" of prostitutes. They would frequently treat the women in a degrading manner and would dress very flamboyantly with big hats, fur coats and fancy jewelry.
__________________
Thomas

Flickr

Tumblr
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #26
jsrockit
Moderator
 
jsrockit's Avatar
 
jsrockit is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santiago, Chile
Age: 45
Posts: 19,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thardy View Post
Pimping has different meanings, but I think the same root. Two meanings today mean to add accessories to a car or camera etc..to spruce it up. The results can be quite dramatic...

...The root is from those guys who "take care" of prostitutes. They would frequently treat the women in a degrading manner and would dress very flamboyantly with big hats, fur coats and fancy jewelry.
Right. To pimp an object (as opposed to a human) is to dress it up over the top... to over accessorize. Which is an analogous reference to how a pimp overdoes his outfits and nothing to do with the pimp's "job."
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #27
loquax ludens
Registered User
 
loquax ludens's Avatar
 
loquax ludens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 666
Nice looking camera, Johnhw. What sort of protector did you put on the screen? Did it reduce brightness noticeably? Some I've seen have a rim, others don't. It looks like this one doesn't. I can see the icons on the left border of the LCD, which is good.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #28
loquax ludens
Registered User
 
loquax ludens's Avatar
 
loquax ludens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 666
I wonder if anyone has a pic of an X-Pro 1 with a JnK half case. Those look like they might be nice too.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #29
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
loquax,

The screen is just a 3" inexpensive one by Promaster. No, it has not cut down brightness, if I even notice it at all. I know there are Schott glass and other more expensive ones out there, I just wanted something to help somewhat knowing I had a case on it. It will not be difficult to remove if I have to in the future and will not do damage to the camera finish. I think it cost me like $13.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #30
Photon42
burn the box
 
Photon42's Avatar
 
Photon42 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Neutral Zone
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw View Post
segedi,

boy, you guys are a demanding bunch...lol
ok, I've got a few I would like to share but don;t think I can post them until Monday. I will try though.
Yes please. Brick wall shots with and without case and strap
__________________
My Gallery
My Instagram
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #31
Bike Tourist
Registered User
 
Bike Tourist's Avatar
 
Bike Tourist is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central California
Age: 83
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw View Post
jarski,
Thanks for the guide i will check it out. I moved some photos from my iphone to the computer yesterday so I will see if I can transfer those.

Dick,
If you look at the CSEP-2 you will see that along with fitting a leica the X pro is listed, the x100 might be too. It has a cold shoe which I have covered. There is a new model coming out that will make the camera appear not as tall I think. Anyway, the metal does not interfere with the buttons. perhaps with the shutter control you turn it more from the side now but nothing noticeable. For me, when i rest my thumb it causes my hand position to raise a bit which means now the camera rests a bit different in the bottom pad of my hand. Some may like this some may not but I find the position comfortable and holding the camera by one hand and shooting better, like you might do in a quick moment on the street. Hope that helps. The piece is very well built and after you place it in your hotshoe you tighten a small screw to secure it. It has not come loose at all.

I have been through DSLR's, OLY m43 and not since the feel and control of my F3 have I been so smitten with a camera.
Thanks for the answers. And the pictures. I think I'll get one.
__________________
Dick Thornton

Stock Portfolio:
http://www.shutterstock.com/g/biketourist
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #32
loquax ludens
Registered User
 
loquax ludens's Avatar
 
loquax ludens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 666
I looked at a lot of pictures, but I couldn't figure out what a Match Technical Thumbs Up is for. What does it do?
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #33
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
Dick,

I got mine from PopFlash. Great service and very fast.

loquax,
See part of my answer above that Dick quoted. It is basically a piece that places your thumb more in support of the camera, removes it a bit from possibly striking other buttons during operation, and as I said above, I like that it helps with one handed shooting.

Last edited by Johnhw : 05-25-2012 at 10:50. Reason: mistake
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012   #34
loquax ludens
Registered User
 
loquax ludens's Avatar
 
loquax ludens is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 666
Ah, then that Thumbs Up is something I need to consider because I've run into that "where do I put my thumb" issue on my X-Pro 1. Unfortunately, it renders the hotshoe unusable.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012   #35
x.z.
Registered User
 
x.z. is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
It depends on what part of the English-speaking world you are. English can be a strange language.
Here, the verb "to pimp" has very different connotations, so if you have been "pimped" - well, I'll leave it at that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thardy View Post
Pimping has different meanings, but I think the same root. Two meanings today mean to add accessories to a car or camera etc..to spruce it up. The results can be quite dramatic.

In schools especially Medical school a student is frequently pimped by doctors of higher status. Basically they are asked questions in an aggressive manner with oftentimes humiliating results.

The root is from those guys who "take care" of prostitutes. They would frequently treat the women in a degrading manner and would dress very flamboyantly with big hats, fur coats and fancy jewelry.

Really thanks for your explaination.
__________________
Xu, Zhe


My Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012   #36
x.z.
Registered User
 
x.z. is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 58
John, where did you find that Match Technical Thumbs Up? I tried searching in the bay but found nothing.
__________________
Xu, Zhe


My Flickr
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012   #37
macjim
Registered User
 
macjim's Avatar
 
macjim is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.z.
John, where did you find that Match Technical Thumbs Up? I tried searching in the bay but found nothing.
You can buy them direct from : http://www.matchtechnical.com/Pages/default.aspx
Or you can get them from : http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/catalog...t/?q=Thumbs+up

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
__________________
Cheers, Macjim
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2012   #38
anorphirith
Registered User
 
anorphirith is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 176
thumbs up is particularly ugly on the xpro1
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2012   #39
Johnhw
Registered User
 
Johnhw is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 150
Sorry you don't like it. It has been particularly functional however for me, mainly because I do a lot of one handed shooting, and raising my grip a bit while taking away from the issue of striking the Q and other buttons on the top right hand side.

By all means though, don't use one on yours, half the fun is enjoying the looks of the camera.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 20:41.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.