Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Digital Cameras > CSC : Digital Compact System Cameras -

CSC : Digital Compact System Cameras - This new category of digital Compact System Cameras with interchangeable lenses was mislabeled for a time as "Mirrorless Cameras" by those forgetting about "Mirrorless" Rangefinder cameras.  Such confusion is easily understandable, since interchangeable rangefinder cameras were only recently introduced in 1932.  hmm.    CSC or Compact System Camera is probably the best category description to date, although I am fond of the old RFF desigation of  CEVIL  indicating Compact Electronic Viewfidner Interchangeable Lens.   This forum is here at RFF because via adapters these cameras offer an inexpensive way to use rangefinder lenses on digital cameras -- in addition of just about every 35mm SLR lens you can think of.  All  offer the photo enthusiast an incredible array of adopted lenses which was not possible before these new digital formats.   This group continues to grow in popularity and new camera models! 

Fuji Pro X1
Old 12-28-2011   #1
bwcolor

Fuji Pro X1

The Leaks Start Here

Old 12-29-2011   #2
jsrockit

About $1900 or so US? Not bad, but it better be significantly more robust than the X100 at that price (especially with a crop). The key though is how much are its lenses going to cost.

Old 12-29-2011   #3
gavinlg

Personally I can't wait to see this thing. It's going to be a genuine alternative to DSLRs for me.

Old 12-31-2011   #4
bwcolor

Given the rumor mill preceding the X100 launch, we should expect to know much more within the week.

Camera/Lens, assuming that this is a leak from Fuji, should be $2400-$2900. That price range should tame the early adopter rush. Anyway, the early purchase of the X100 was a no-brainer for me, but at this price I will probably hold off until we get some good user feedback. Besides, my wife has finally had it with my photo equipment spending. Need to sell..

Old 12-31-2011   #5
keytarjunkie

I can't wait to buy a X100 for $500!

Old 12-31-2011   #6
malthusiantrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytarjunkie View Post
I can't wait to buy a X100 for $500!
This is exactly what I was thinking too. If I get the X1 I'm probably gonna use it with 35mm lenses anyway so better go with the X100.

January 9th Announcement
Old 01-02-2012   #7
bwcolor

January 9th Announcement

New Fujifilm Cameras

Old 01-02-2012   #8
benlees

Would have to sell most of my cameras to get it. That means the GA645W would have to go. Zero chance! Seriously, though; so glad Fuji is putting out this camera. Gives the market a kick in the ass!

Old 01-02-2012   #9
Photon42
burn the box

An organic sensor means it keeps growing maybe. Scary ...

Old 01-02-2012   #10
Vobluda

Exactly, and if you forget to water it the sensor will become m4/3 size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
An organic sensor means it keeps growing maybe. Scary ...

Old 01-02-2012   #11
Leigh Youdale

I'm very interested in this camera but I've just bought an X10 as my "go-anywhere" digital camera, and I'm wondering what (apart from being digital) the new Fuji will do that my M6 won't.
I'm sure it will be very good for what it is, but different enough or better enough to cause me to open my wallet? Have to wait another week or two to see.

Fuji X10
Leica M6
Bessa R4A
Rolleiflex (3): E3 Planar 2.8, WA & Tele
Nikkormat FTn (2)

Old 01-02-2012   #12
rbelyell

well, it will be adaptable to shoot just about any lens ever made for one thing, and if its anything like the x100 it will allow you to shoot those lenses at 3200 and produce images as good as the best film cam using 400. the only negative i forsee vs film cam is that it will most probably not be fullframe. i do not enjoy shooting my lenses at some factor more than they were intended.

Old 01-04-2012   #13
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbelyell View Post
and if its anything like the x100 it will allow you to shoot those lenses at 3200 and produce images as good as the best film cam using 400.
I love my X100, but I think you may be overstating things a bit here...

Old 01-04-2012   #14
rbelyell

i dont know JS, honestly i think it'd be pretty darn close. at 800 it would be no contest. tbh ive never before seen consistent 3200 performance like the x100.

Old 01-08-2012   #15
hub
Crazy French

Looks interesting on the paper. Now let's hope they didn't screw up the firmware like the X100 is.

Also I wonder how it will work with 3rd party lenses and the optical viewfinder.

Old 01-09-2012   #16
gavinlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hub View Post
Looks interesting on the paper. Now let's hope they didn't screw up the firmware like the X100 is.
Really... Mine must be some magical one that works properly or something - like the bigfoot of the x100 world - because it works perfectly.

Old 01-09-2012   #17
jsrockit

I got one of those magical X100s as well...

Old 01-09-2012   #18
rbelyell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinlg View Post
Really... Mine must be some magical one that works properly or something - like the bigfoot of the x100 world - because it works perfectly.
put mine down as another 'bigfoot'! never given me a moment's trouble. also, AF misses less than 5% of the time. yeah its a 'slow' cam, but nothing's perfect, except the images i get from it!

Old 01-09-2012   #19
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbelyell View Post
i dont know JS, honestly i think it'd be pretty darn close. at 800 it would be no contest. tbh ive never before seen consistent 3200 performance like the x100.
The dynamic range isn't there at 3200 for it to be on par with 400 speed film. Now, is it better than 3200 speed film... no doubt.

Old 01-10-2012   #20
ddutchison

Some details about the cameras sensor, as well as pics and info on the initial lens line.
To my eyes this almost looks more like a digital M than a real digital M

Old 01-11-2012   #21
Turtle

I'd say the X100 produces files at 1600 that are at least on par with the best 400 film, or potentially surpass them. By 3200, it is amazing, but not better than 400 film IMO. Its true that the in camera JPEGs are astonishing.

I can't wait to see some quality X-pro 1 files, but the lenses really need to be good, Judging by my X100 lens and that on my Xpan, there should be little to fear.