Old 12-18-2018   #241
Argentia1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawarden View Post
"Each to his own. If you like that, do that." Words to live by!

I haven't seen that Adox film available here yet but I'll be happy to try it out. I recall they had a slow film available but it needed its own developer iirc so I passed due to expense and hassle. But the more choice the better.
Where are you located? I've bought Adox HR-50 at Fotoimpex. They do ship internationally.
There is indeed a new developer offered as well : Adox HR-50 DEV.
I've tried it, too. Very good stuff, not only for the HR-50 film, but also for all other films. It is a developer with very high speed, very good sharpness und push capabilities. I've got very good results with Tri-X, TMY and Delta 400 for example.
The results of Adox HR-50 in HR-50 DEV are excellent. But I have also tried Ilford DD-X with HR-50 and have got very good results, too.

Old 12-19-2018   #242
jawarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentia1 View Post
Where are you located? I've bought Adox HR-50 at Fotoimpex. They do ship internationally.
There is indeed a new developer offered as well : Adox HR-50 DEV.
I've tried it, too. Very good stuff, not only for the HR-50 film, but also for all other films. It is a developer with very high speed, very good sharpness und push capabilities. I've got very good results with Tri-X, TMY and Delta 400 for example.
The results of Adox HR-50 in HR-50 DEV are excellent. But I have also tried Ilford DD-X with HR-50 and have got very good results, too.
Sorry for my tardy reply.

Fotoimpex do ship internationally, but I'm in the USA and the shipping cost for the film is impossible (35 euro regardless of quantity, compared to 4 euro to ship P30). I checked my usual retailers and don't see it here, but do see other Adox films. Perhaps it will be available here one day. I'll be happy to experiment with it alongside P30.

Old 12-27-2018   #243
Argentia1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawarden View Post
Sorry for my tardy reply.
No problem at all. Thanks for your reply.

Old 12-27-2018   #244
Argentia1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
I've been watching this thread having given up on P30 after coming to these very same conclusions. I too have spent many decades shooting many films (and testing via densitometer), I found P30 to be too contrasty, and nearly impossible to process for darkroom printing. My best attempts required grade 1/2 to 0 and still had marginal tonality. I didn't go for a water bath development, which was going to be my next step to try and tame the contrast in this stuff. I'm glad to see some folks getting fair or better results with this, but it seems nearly every shot contains blown highlights and empty shadows. I would love to see FF succeed, but this is absolutely not a film I have any interest in continuing to battle.
Thanks Bob for sharing your experience and test results.
As explained in detail above in my postings, my results are very very similar.

Old 03-26-2019   #245
Mackinaw
Think Different

Finally some news on Ferrania. I guess their factory has been (finally) upgraded. They're now doing some R&D, and have hired a new member to their team.

http://www.filmferrania.it/news-arti...-back-on-track

Jim B.

My RFF Gallery:
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...user=1453&sl=m

Old 03-26-2019   #246
jawarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Finally some news on Ferrania. I guess their factory has been (finally) upgraded. They're now doing some R&D, and have hired a new member to their team.

http://www.filmferrania.it/news-arti...-back-on-track

Jim B.
Very nice. I'm glad to see they're progressing.