Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Rolleinar focusing issues.
Old 07-09-2016   #1
jmpgino

Rolleinar focusing issues.

I have been looking online for instructions on this close up system. I have a Hasselblad with a close up lens filter and the instructions are that the lens be focused at infinity only, so I move the camera when focusing.
Is that the same with using a Rolleinar or can I focus normally?
Cheers for any help.
James.

Old 07-09-2016   #2
mfogiel

Are you talking about a Rollei Rolleinar? The only thing to remember, is that the thicker part goes on the viewing lens, and has to be locked in position so that the red dot is pointing upwards. I suspect, that the recommendation to keep the lens focused at infinity improves the resolution of the combination, but otherwise you can focus across the whole range, remembering that any of the Rolleinars will shift the range into a short one, and you will lose the infinity focus.

Old 07-09-2016   #3
k__43
Registered Film User

No you slap the Rolleinar on the lens and the bigger thing on the viewing lens and focus, each rolleinar (1 to 3) gives you another range of distances .. the Rolleinar 1 goes from roughly 1m-0.6m (where you'd actually focus the camera from infinity to 1m)