Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Old 10-29-2019   #41
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Another big/little combination on yesterday's cycle ride: Polaroid SLR670m by MiNT plus Minox C.

I made two exposures with the Polaroid and six with the Minox. It's a delight to have the Minox out shooting again, such a sweet camera in use!

And I'm finally, really getting a solid handle on manual exposure with the SLR670m: It's all about understanding the response curve of the Polaroid Originals instant film vs interpreting the meter reading to suit different types of light. Once you "get" it, you can achieve very very nice results. Both exposures were a contrasty, typically difficult scene for instant film to capture, I went to manual control to see if I could get the results I wanted with some consistency. The two exposures are right on the money and net the full tonal range that suits the subject well that I was after, no post-scan image processing required. Very satisfying!

G

Old 10-29-2019   #42
petronius

My Rollei 35 tumblr

Old 10-29-2019   #43
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Ah, a Linhof 220! I always thought that was a darn cool camera and have been tempted to buy one several times. I'm not exactly sure what I'd use it for, which is why I haven't, but still like it..

G

Old 10-29-2019   #44
AAlfano

On my last trip, my little was my iPhone XR and my big was a Nikon FE with a 35mm f/2.0 AI-S. Lately I find that the iPhone does everything I want to do with digital (which is not much to be honest). I got rid of my last digital compact about five years ago and do not miss them. Conversely, I cannot seem to find a small 35mm that I really like, so the iPhone has sort of become my default compact camera. I use the standard camera app as well as Hipstamatic and Argentum.

I shot HP-5 in the Nikon so relied on the iPhone for color.

No complaints.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Old 10-29-2019   #45
FranZ

"Large" Sony A7R3 with 24/105, for events, a little bit smaller with 28/55/85/90mm primes for specific purposes. This is my Hi IQ set when I can carry a lot.
"Medium" Sony Rx1Rm2, imho the best IQ in a small package, when I want to travel lite, but also want/need hi IQ
"Small" the RX100 iii or vi, the iii for lowlite, the vi for outside and travel.
Besides my smartphone I always carry at least an RX100.

FranZ

'The question is not what you look at, but what you see' - Thoreau

Sony A7R3, RX1Rm2, RX100M6 & a lot of fun

Old 10-29-2019   #46
aizan

Last time: Pentax 6x7 and Leica MP. Not doing that again!

Next time: I’m thinking Fujica GS645 and Konica Big Mini.

Old 10-29-2019   #47
willie_901

My combo is little and less little. I have traveled with this combo.

The little system is a FUJIFILM X-100T. This fits in a small camera bag and weighs next to nothing.

The less little system is a FUJIFILM X-Pro 2. I only use prime FUJINON lenses (14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/2 and 50/2). With the 14 and 50 I need to use a larger bag. The 14 is the largest and heaviest. I don't travel with the 14. I can use the smaller bag with the 18/2. It's possible but almost too cramped with the 23 or 35. With the larger bag I can carry three lenses but I usually only carry two. When traveling I only make candids of people or exterior shots of small businesses and shops. I usually take the 35 and 50. The X100T handles the 23mm field of view.
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 10-30-2019   #48
shimokita
白黒

Nikon F3P w/ 50mm f/1.2 & 105mm f/2.8 Micro --and-- Fuji x100t

Old 10-30-2019   #49
farlymac
PF McFarland

One combo I need to get working is a Vito II and Perkeo II ( the Vito needs a CLA). I've taken a Nikon D80 along with the Crown Graflex Special. And on the very edge of big/little I used to pack the CL in with my M4-P.

PF

Old 10-30-2019   #50
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
Another big/little combination on yesterday's cycle ride: Polaroid SLR670m by MiNT plus Minox C.

I made two exposures with the Polaroid and six with the Minox. It's a delight to have the Minox out shooting again, such a sweet camera in use!

And I'm finally, really getting a solid handle on manual exposure with the SLR670m: It's all about understanding the response curve of the Polaroid Originals instant film vs interpreting the meter reading to suit different types of light. Once you "get" it, you can achieve very very nice results. Both exposures were a contrasty, typically difficult scene for instant film to capture, I went to manual control to see if I could get the results I wanted with some consistency. The two exposures are right on the money and net the full tonal range that suits the subject well that I was after, no post-scan image processing required. Very satisfying!

G
Minox C? I thought my Rollei A110 was small! Can you post pics from that beastie?

Old 10-30-2019   #51
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizan View Post
Last time: Pentax 6x7 and Leica MP. Not doing that again!

Next time: I’m thinking Fujica GS645 and Konica Big Mini.
I like where your mind is at.

Old 10-30-2019   #52
Huss

Rollei A110 and Fuji GW690III

The Rollei is the one on top...

Old 10-31-2019   #53
Abbazz
6x9 and be there!

Pentax Q and Fuji G690, both equipped with portrait lenses:

Photo taken with Pentax Q

Cheers!

Abbazz

The 6x9 Photography Online Resource

Old 10-31-2019   #54
Pál_K
Cameras. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
Minox ...
Minoxen can be addictive. I started with one IIIs. Here is a B (in its case, to save the selenium meter when not in use), two IIIs's, a III, and a II. I use them often. I've had 8x10 quality B&W prints from the B; others produce decent 4x6 quality color prints.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190825_123337770~3.jpg (14.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191028_133658203~4.jpg (21.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191028_133658203~3.jpg (32.0 KB, 11 views)

Pentax Duet
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #55
Abbazz
6x9 and be there!

Pentax Duet

Black and white

Cheers!

Abbazz

The 6x9 Photography Online Resource

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #56
Richard G

Quote:
Originally Posted by dourbalistar View Post
I went on a three-day backpacking trip to Yosemite National Park last week. In order of size, I brought Nikon FM2n + AI Nikkor 50/1.8S (Japanese-market pancake version), Olympus Pen S 3cm/2.8 (for Pen-o-ramas), and a Google Pixel 2. I carried the FM2n on a Peak Design Capture Clip attached to my pack's shoulder strap, the Pen S in a waist-belt pouch on my pack, and the Pixel 2 in my pocket.

Haven't developed the film from the FM2n or Pen S yet, but the Pixel 2 with a little on-phone editing in Snapseed, gave me this result:

Half Dome at sunset
by dourbalistar, on Flickr
Wow. That's a great shot.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #57
dourbalistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnAuto View Post
That's a nice shot of Half Dome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard G View Post
Wow. That's a great shot.
Thanks, AlwaysOnAuto and Richard. Half Dome is an iconic peak, and the golden hour light at sunset that evening was amazing.

flickr

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #58
Ron (Netherlands)

Large format platecameras: biggest is an Eastman full plate (6,5 x 8,5 inch plates) - but I'm still restoring, the biggest in use is an ICA Tropica for 13 x 18 cm (5x7 inch) plates (pic from internet):

a picture made with the 13 x 18:

Leica: IIa synch conversion, IIIb, M6 TTL Millenium, 2x Rolleicord Vb, 2x Rolleiflex 3.5F white face, Rolleiflex 2.8A, 5x ICA Tropica

My Flickr

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #59
michaelwj
----------------

Little: iPhone
Large: X100F (and iPhone)