Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Fuji X100 OVF display
Old 06-24-2017   #1
scautez

Fuji X100 OVF display

Hi,
I don't currently have a fuji x100, but considering acquiring one. I was wondering if it was possible to set up the OVF display so that it doesn't show the auto focus confirmation and light, so it is essentially a clear view like a leica rangefinder? I just have issues with flashing lights so want to ensure that I can set it not to show that.

Thanks for any assistance

Old 06-24-2017   #2
35photo

I have an XPro2 I think I've ever seen any flashing lighting in the OVF... just a green dot it just shows solid when its in focus... I'm pretty sure its the same on the X100F

Old 06-24-2017   #3
Dogman

I just tried this with my X100S to be sure it works. It does work with the "S" model but others might function differently.

Put camera on Manual focus (slider on left side) and press the AEL/AFL button on the back instead of using the shutter button half press to focus. The camera autofocuses with no focus confirmation light in viewfinder. Shutter button now works only as a shutter release.

Old 06-24-2017   #4
scautez

Thank you. Yes I was meaning the green confirmation light. This is good to know there is a way around it.

Old 06-24-2017   #5
willie_901

Quote:
Originally Posted by scautez View Post
Hi,
...I just have issues with flashing lights so want to ensure that I can set it not to show that.
Should you ever desire feedback for focus lock, it is possible to turn on only an audio confirmation. If I remember, it is a simple beep and you can select between three loudness levels.

I used audio confirmation with the back button method in order to help me understand how to optimize AF menu parameters for different types of scenes and focus objects.
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 06-24-2017   #6
Rob-F
Likes Leicas

Not having a focus confirmation in the finder could get old fast. The reason for the Fuji X20 was that the X10 didn't have focus confirmation in the finder. Shooting with the finder and not knowing if the shot was in focus got really old, and I bought an X20 just for that.