Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Old 04-17-2017   #81
jbielikowski
call me Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1200 View Post
I bought one in Japan about a month ago... I'm loving it. Except the battery is not good enough for a full day of shooting. I have more coming.

I also turned off FOUR buttons/dials. Unnecessary.

I wish I could disable the wheel in the back that still can change my shutter speed by a few stops. I sure wish it wouldn't. I'm gonna put some gaffer tape on it.

The little door on the right for connecting cables is annoying, I'll gaffer tape that down too.

Got a case from Luigi coming... too expensive, but it would be nice to have.
that's why I still use plain X100, maybe one day I'll upgrade to X100S, those buttons and dial below hot shoe are terrible since X100T.

Old 04-18-2017   #82
honozooloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
I'm not sure what people are missing with this camera, because to me it focuses fast. Also, it focuses in low light. It's the best AF in a X100 yet.
I actually thought the original x100's AF was a little slow for my needs - but the X100s was plenty quick enough. BUT - if you've ever used a X-Pro 2 and the 23mm f/2 and you're anything like me, you might find yourself wishing for an x100 with similar qualities once you've seen "what could be." It literally changed the way I looked at executing street photography. Just sayin.

Old 05-10-2017   #83
romi.gilles
i'm a wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1200 View Post
I bought one in Japan about a month ago... I'm loving it. Except the battery is not good enough for a full day of shooting. I have more coming.

I also turned off FOUR buttons/dials. Unnecessary.

I wish I could disable the wheel in the back that still can change my shutter speed by a few stops. I sure wish it wouldn't. I'm gonna put some gaffer tape on it.

The little door on the right for connecting cables is annoying, I'll gaffer tape that down too.

Got a case from Luigi coming... too expensive, but it would be nice to have.
one of the things I quickly noticed about the 'F' was how long my existing Wasabi batteries have lasted (day/s) compared to my previous Fuji cameras which I always burned through 2-3 in a day's worth. that's with High Performance set to On and the transferring of JPGs to mobile (24mp now!).

XF: 23mm WR, 35mm WR , 50-140mm WR, 23mm, 27mm (got pancaked), 56mm, 35mm, 14mm, 18-55mm (sold)

M: Konica Hexar RF, Zeiss C Biogon 35mm ZM, G45 (M-mount)

Contax G: two G1, 28mm, 90mm, 45mm

Old 05-10-2017   #84
ptpdprinter

Just like to throw in that the new F model has the little joystick on the back for changing the auto focus point which can come in quite handy.

Old 05-10-2017   #85
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by honozooloo View Post
I actually thought the original x100's AF was a little slow for my needs - but the X100s was plenty quick enough. BUT - if you've ever used a X-Pro 2 and the 23mm f/2 and you're anything like me, you might find yourself wishing for an x100 with similar qualities once you've seen "what could be." It literally changed the way I looked at executing street photography. Just sayin.
I use the X100F and the X-Pro2 (and have used the 23mm f/2)... they are comparable. There was a big difference between the T and the S models too.

Old 05-14-2017   #86
infrequent

Yeah the x100f looks like the first one that is a substantial upgrade over the x100 and x100s. Think I will be sticking with my x100s for now, it is still a considerable cam for me and I am not even close to outgrowing it yet.

Old 05-14-2017   #87
infrequent

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi.gilles View Post
one of the things I quickly noticed about the 'F' was how long my existing Wasabi batteries have lasted (day/s) compared to my previous Fuji cameras which I always burned through 2-3 in a day's worth. that's with High Performance set to On and the transferring of JPGs to mobile (24mp now!).
Can you describe your results and how you use the x100 series converters? Difficult to find much useful information on it online. With the digital teleconverter in the x100f, it becomes viable to go all the way from 28mm to 100mm between the hardware & software (albeit at a file size hit on the latter). This is pretty cool