Originally Posted by ajtruhan
Maybe if the sensor overheats or something.
Three to six times a week I used an XT-1 indoors, powered up on a tripod in Live View mode for 1-2 hours straight. I had the vertical grip accessory, so I had two batteries.
The sensor never overheated and the camera never spontaneously powered off. Of course, I was using them the whole time (back-button, manual focus and shutter actuations). So, they would not have power-off to save energy (inactivity).
At high ambient temperatures a sensor could over heat. I would hope the camera would shut down.